Arca-Swiss compatible L-bracket for EM5 w/ HDL-6?

ScottGee1

Mu-43 Regular
Maybe I haven't been using the correct keywords in my searches but I have not been able to find an Arca-Swiss compatible L-bracket for EM5 w/ HLD-6.

Is that because no-one has brought one to market yet?

Pre-answering the inevitable 'Why?' question: I really like the vertical shutter release when shooting portraits from a tripod. Yes, I still use one of those antiques . . . :smile:

TIA for any assistance with this!

ScottGee1

Mu-43 Regular
OzRay, thanks for the quick response. I should have said 'dedicated' bracket -- I already have a universal one and though it works, it's cumbersome.

fadingphoenix

Mu-43 Regular
I've been looking for the same thing for the E-M1 and hld-7. It seems like nobody wants to make dedicated brackets for use with the grips.

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe I haven't been using the correct keywords in my searches but I have not been able to find an Arca-Swiss compatible L-bracket for EM5 w/ HLD-6.

Is that because no-one has brought one to market yet?

Pre-answering the inevitable 'Why?' question: I really like the vertical shutter release when shooting portraits from a tripod. Yes, I still use one of those antiques . . . :smile:

TIA for any assistance with this!
I think you would be better off getting an L-bracket directly attached to the body and use a cable release for portrait orientation.
Any L-bracket attached to the HDL-6 would stack up 3-4 mounting screws and be pretty sloppy.
I guess for portrait sessions with flash it doesn't really matter, but that is likely to be a pretty small user base.
Rudy

RKlukas

New to Mu-43
We have a brochure showing all of our L brackets and plates. An email to me will get you the PDF to look at.
We have several brackets in both classic and monoballfix sizes.
Be well,
Rod

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
companies like RRS may see enough of a business case for L plates for the bodies......but how many OM-D E-M1/5/10 owners are using battery grips? I have yet to see someone use a battery grip on a M43 body in the field.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
companies like RRS may see enough of a business case for L plates for the bodies......but how many OM-D E-M1/5/10 owners are using battery grips? I have yet to see someone use a battery grip on a M43 body in the field.
I'm unaware of a battery grip for the E-M10, but the Oly grip never leaves my camera. I have also yet to find a need for my tripod in the field, but I keep looking.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom