1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Arca-Swiss compatible L-bracket for EM5 w/ HDL-6?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ScottGee1, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Maybe I haven't been using the correct keywords in my searches but I have not been able to find an Arca-Swiss compatible L-bracket for EM5 w/ HLD-6.

Is that because no-one has brought one to market yet?

Pre-answering the inevitable 'Why?' question: I really like the vertical shutter release when shooting portraits from a tripod. Yes, I still use one of those antiques . . . :smile:

TIA for any assistance with this!

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  3. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    OzRay, thanks for the quick response. I should have said 'dedicated' bracket -- I already have a universal one and though it works, it's cumbersome.

4. fadingphoenix

fadingphoenix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2013
    I've been looking for the same thing for the E-M1 and hld-7. It seems like nobody wants to make dedicated brackets for use with the grips.

5. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I think you would be better off getting an L-bracket directly attached to the body and use a cable release for portrait orientation.
    Any L-bracket attached to the HDL-6 would stack up 3-4 mounting screws and be pretty sloppy.
    I guess for portrait sessions with flash it doesn't really matter, but that is likely to be a pretty small user base.
    Rudy

6. RKlukas

RKlukas New to Mu-43

Apr 27, 2014
    We have a brochure showing all of our L brackets and plates. An email to me will get you the PDF to look at.
    We have several brackets in both classic and monoballfix sizes.
    Be well,
    Rod

7. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    companies like RRS may see enough of a business case for L plates for the bodies......but how many OM-D E-M1/5/10 owners are using battery grips? I have yet to see someone use a battery grip on a M43 body in the field.

8. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I'm unaware of a battery grip for the E-M10, but the Oly grip never leaves my camera. I have also yet to find a need for my tripod in the field, but I keep looking.