April Fools Day

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BillN, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    I think that it was the day that Apple, (The Corporation), was formed in 1966

ps - It's after 1300hrs -nobody spotted it _ I thought that you were Apple enthusiasts - It should be 1976
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    New Oly !

Hi Bill, did you know rhat it is rumored that a new Oly m43 camera will be launched next month?
    Magnesium body, weather sealed, 10 fr/sec, ISO up to 51200, 4 programmable buttons, with hi res EVF (up to 2 millions), fully configurable by pc, access to new Oly cloud platform, 20MP sensor, 3 processors, extreme high dynamic range, articulated screen (1.44MP).
  3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    No No No Not Olympus - it's Nikon that are doing that - and it will then be almost as good as the D300
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Just watched a local travel show that featured the newest country - Fauxnesia - an ex-French colony. It was well done.

Have you seen the plan to convert London's circle line to a mini hadron collider?
  5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    I must have slept through this one.

6. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  8. oris642

oris642 Mu-43 Regular

Camera Manufacturers Swear Allegiance to Micro Four-Thirds

In what is perhaps the most shocking news for the imaging industry this year so far, the majority of camera manufacturers have sworn allegiance to the Micro Four Thirds format. Brands such as Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Samsung and Ricoh said they have reached an agreement with Olympus and Panasonic, which developed and pioneered the technology, to use this standard for their future cameras.

Canon and Nikon have expressed interest in replacing their entry-level dSLRs with Micro Four Thirds shooters, while Fujifilm has said its first camera to use this imaging format is underway and will be unveiling it later this year. Ricoh is adapting the Micro Four Thirds system for its GXR modules, so users can change not just the lens but the imaging sensor as well.

For Samsung, the company has just introduced the NX system, but the chaebol said it's not too late to join the Micro Four Thirds consortium. The next camera, the rumored NX5, will sport the smaller sensor and Micro Four Thirds lens mount. "It's not a step back for us. It's the beginning of a new era," a representative from the Korean company said.

I guess it's time for me to wake up from the beautiful dream of a unified lens mount system for interchangeable lens system cameras. And if you've haven't figured it out by now, yes, this post is an April Fool's joke! But it is, at the same time, the wish of many shutterbugs.
    • Like Like x 1