Apps for logging photography details

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Does anyone know of any apps that let you log in information, more specifically when shooting film. I'm looking for an easy and convenient way to log FL, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure value for each frame so I can recall and add them to the pictures after development. It will also help the developer to know how the picture was made and what expectations for the result are.

Right now I am improvising on a To-Do task but it's quite tedious and slow to do. I can't seem to find anything on Google, I keep getting apps for editing pictures or 3rd party camera apps ... and mostly advertising having "film" simulations and profiles.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Couldn't you use a spreadsheet for such a task - one column for each criteria (FL, etc), and a new row for each image taken? That might be worth a try. Meanwhile, I think it might help if you mention whether this is Apple or Android.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Couldn't you use a spreadsheet for such a task - one column for each criteria (FL, etc), and a new row for each image taken? That might be worth a try. Meanwhile, I think it might help if you mention whether this is Apple or Android.
I didn't mention the platform though I should have, I have an Android phone but I could get a cheap iPhone if I had to.
I can make Excel spreadsheets on my Samsung Note but the UI is quite small, it's not easier then typing it in any kind of note apps.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Good question.
Even for those of us shooting with legacy lenses, it would be nice to have a quick way to remember the aperture.
Being relatively new to film photography I don't have the habbit of carrying small notebooks with me... I guess we can blame the generation of smartphones, I have my phone with me about 90% of thr time.
Maybe I finally found a reason to try app development and coding?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Just put a link to this app above. It’s free, but “donationware” - you can pay if you like it.
Thanks, I just found it as you were replying, else I would have mentioned it or quoted you sooner. I always like to donate projects I enjotly to support the developer.

I have read of people using Evernote ... I did try it, but found I preferred to use pen and notebook when using legacy lenses. It syncs across devices, so I guess could be useful ... maybe I'll give it another try, as I use my smartphone a lot more now, than when I previously tried Evernote.

algold

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alex
Thanks, I just found it as you were replying, else I would have mentioned it or quoted you sooner. I always like to donate projects I enjotly to support the developer.
the nice thing is that you can add your frames to the log from the lock screen and it can tag geolocation as well, and also supports data import into LR via a plug-in.
Can be used for fully manual adapted lenses as well.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I have MobiDB, an Android relational database builder.

I use it for medical stuff, shopping list, etc.

Of course, with the E-M1 MkI etc cameras, one can record info about each shot with the camera itself.

For film, maybe a dictation recorder would serve the purpose?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom