Appreciation for Amin!

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
We’re lucky to inhabit one of the nicest corners of the internet and given the amount of work being done here recently I thought it would be fitting to give this thread a bump.

Thank you for your generosity (with your time), hard work and patience Amin.

DaveJP

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Plumb
I read this forum every day; it's a great source of entertainment, information and, quite often, humour. I would hate to be without it these days.

Thank Amin, for all your hard work and dedication. It's very much appreciated.

Susanne

Mu-43 Regular
I was delighted when I (finally) found a forum dedicated to micro four thirds only!!! Way to go! And it seems to be a very friendly place too.
Keep up the good work.

22march2020-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was delighted when I (finally) found a forum dedicated to micro four thirds only!!! Way to go!
In addition, I think this website is technically very sound too. Beats some of the other forums hands down that I'm subscribed to as far as functionality, look and feel goes. Small things matter a lot and you can do pretty much everything on mobile devices that you can do on your computer. Amazing.

BPCS

Mu-43 Veteran
Come here to share your enjoyment of m43 or go to DPR to be told why you shouldn't. I know where I would rather spend some time...

relic

Hobbyist
We’re lucky to inhabit one of the nicest corners of the internet and given the amount of work being done here recently I thought it would be fitting to give this thread a bump.

Thank you for your generosity (with your time), hard work and patience Amin.
I would like to join you (and all the rest) in thanking Amin.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
Is that all moderation or just some?

Things would get dreadfully toxic with no moderation at all.
The lack of moderation to keep threads on topic and civil is one of my major complaints.
This is one of the few forums I visit where off-topic posts are allowed. The problem with off-topic posts is they are a disservice to the visitor. I can start a thread labeled Canon and post about horses. How is that good?
Off-topic posts can also lead to arguments and bullying because some will attack the messenger if they don't agree with the message.

Also, moderation is not equitable nor professional. I had a moderator suggest I wasn't kissing enough a$$. I also had a moderator tell me publicly what s/he felt I was doing wrong. Amateur-hour behavior.

The good point is that it doesn't delete threads with no explanation the way some digital photography review sites have done.

But it's free to me so my expectations are low. Pay for it? I'd go back to shooting film first.

Last edited:

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
The lack of moderation to keep threads on topic and civil is one of my major complaints.
This is one of the few forums I visit where off-topic posts are allowed. The problem with off-topic posts is they are a disservice to the visitor. I can start a thread labeled Canon and post about horses. How is that good?
Off-topic posts can also lead to arguments and bullying because some will attack the messenger if they don't agree with the message.

Also, moderation is not equitable nor professional. I had a moderator suggest I wasn't kissing enough a$$. I also had a moderator tell me publicly what s/he felt I was doing wrong. Amateur-hour behavior.

The good point is that it doesn't delete threads with no explanation the way some digital photography review sites have done.

But it's free to me so my expectations are low. Pay for it? I'd go back to shooting film first.

It's Amin's football and he can take it away if he pleases.

Professional moderators cost money - either the site is subscription only or full of ads and affiliate links - I think the balance is about right.

Off topic posts can be taken at face value. We are mostly adults of at least average intelligence here and have the option to scroll over them.

You could start a thread about Canon and post about horses. That's your prerogative. Canon owning lovers of all things equine would probably quite like it.

If you want a rigidly moderated discussion forum with lots of pedantic rules about what can and can't be said, someone, somewhere, is going to have to put their hands in their pockets.

You stand out as one of the more opinionated members. People are going to respond to your posts, sometimes positively, sometimes less so. Even moderators are human and may have opinions of their own. You can't have it all ways.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Thank you @Amin Sabet for all the years you have put into this site, I hope you will not be a stranger in the future.

After the announcement of the change of ownership and all the discussions that has led to in other threads, with appreciation for Amin thrown in to the middle of often heated discussions, I thought I should start a thread for just appreciation, then I found this thread and thought this is perfect, let us continue here.
I hope you don't mind @TNcasual.

Latest threads

Top Bottom