1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Apply Art Filters after the fact

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by brlowe, Feb 22, 2013.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I wanted to know, if I'm shooting RAW is there any way to apply the art filters to change pictures already taken? Does Olympus or Panasonic software let you do this? I have an E-PL2, G5 and GH3 and would like to be able to do this some way. I do have lightroom and topaz labs plus some other plugin's, but it would be nice to have these as presets or plugin's.

Brandon

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Yes, the Olympus software allows you to do this with the .ORF files. I can't speak in regard to the Panasonic

3. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Most of the art filters have presets in LR, you can search for them.
    A good sources are this sites
    Tilt-Shift Simulation in Lightroom » Lightroom Secrets | Lightroom Secrets

100 Free Lightroom Presets (And How to Make Your Own)

If you miss any just make a search with the filter name + lightroom preset.
    I found that it usually works.

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The Olympus software can do it. In fact, the camera itself can do it after the fact.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I personally don't like using the in-camera filters even if they do work on RAW files. On the other hand I love playing with filter apps on my iPad or Lightroom/Photoshop on my Mac.

A simple and cheap{it's free!} app is Snapseed. Been having lots of fun using it and it is easy to use. Some of the filters are very strong{the grunge and drama} but for some pics give very cool results.

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I frequently apply the art filters to the RAW files in Olympus Viewer 2 if I decide it might look good, because I'm still only using Olympus Viewer 2. In camera is good if you need to show somebody there & then the after effect to a photo already taken, but other than taking it live (but saving JPEG & RAW) it is better to try the other filters & effects later on the computer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.