Apply Art Filters after the fact

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by brlowe, Feb 22, 2013.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I wanted to know, if I'm shooting RAW is there any way to apply the art filters to change pictures already taken? Does Olympus or Panasonic software let you do this? I have an E-PL2, G5 and GH3 and would like to be able to do this some way. I do have lightroom and topaz labs plus some other plugin's, but it would be nice to have these as presets or plugin's.

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Yes, the Olympus software allows you to do this with the .ORF files. I can't speak in regard to the Panasonic
  3. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Most of the art filters have presets in LR, you can search for them.
    A good sources are this sites
    Tilt-Shift Simulation in Lightroom ยป Lightroom Secrets | Lightroom Secrets

100 Free Lightroom Presets (And How to Make Your Own)

If you miss any just make a search with the filter name + lightroom preset.
    I found that it usually works.
  4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The Olympus software can do it. In fact, the camera itself can do it after the fact.
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I personally don't like using the in-camera filters even if they do work on RAW files. On the other hand I love playing with filter apps on my iPad or Lightroom/Photoshop on my Mac.

A simple and cheap{it's free!} app is Snapseed. Been having lots of fun using it and it is easy to use. Some of the filters are very strong{the grunge and drama} but for some pics give very cool results.
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    I frequently apply the art filters to the RAW files in Olympus Viewer 2 if I decide it might look good, because I'm still only using Olympus Viewer 2. In camera is good if you need to show somebody there & then the after effect to a photo already taken, but other than taking it live (but saving JPEG & RAW) it is better to try the other filters & effects later on the computer.