1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Apple watch app

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ripleys baby, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    I've just been given another app I will never use and can't delete ! Why can't we be given the choice ?
    Now seriously considering a windows phone. Or can I expect the same sort of thing with that ?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Make a folder for the apps you don't care about. Put them in there and forget about them.

4. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    My last page of apps has game center, tips, and now Apple Watch

5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

When I used iphone, I would create a folder and dump all the unwanted stuff in there.. rename the folder to "." and banish it to the last page. Not sure if it helps you guys...

I am an Android guy (had a short relapse with Apple) and I like the fact that i can load a new app manager/launcher. The one I chose has the ability to hide apps that do not interest me. Samsung loads a lot of bloatware which I don't hesitate to hide/disable.

6. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    I didn't see OzRay's thread before, but I have a Windows Phone and love the hell out of it. Unlike Apple and Android, you can remove most apps. For example, I can't uninstall the "Alarms" app from my phone, but I don't have to see it on my "start" screen either.

7. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    By the way, when are we going to get a Mu-43 Apple Watch app, @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet? I need to keep up with this forum on my shiny new wrist computer. :p

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Apple is just so well supported by app developers, accessory manufacturers, automobiles....hard to leave iOS once you're there for convenience and compatibility alone. Don't have a soapbox for any format. Was pulling for windows phone for desktop app compatibility but that ship sailed way too late.

9. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Which app do you use and do you have to have root access

Great idea about the discard folder by the way

10. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I use NovaLauncher and it supports the ability to hide apps in the app drawer. It does NOT require root access, however the app hiding functionality is only available in the paid (US$4) NovaLauncher Prime version. I've used lots of other launchers, but I've stuck with Nova for the past couple of years. It's one of the few apps I've actually paid for, and I've never regretted that.

11. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    I use Nova too...great app.
    Don't forget with Android lately, even if you can't uninstall certain apps, you can disable them.
    Between that and hiding whatever is left with Nova, I'm good.

12. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Except that they still show up in your updates list. if you want to set your phone to automatically update all the apps, you can't exclude the uninstallable apps.

13. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    Mine updates everything automatically so I doesn't really bother me since I usually just update all.
    Disabled apps have no impact on the phone's performance and take up very very little space.
    We all have to deal with this stuff mostly because of carriers but I'm ok with the options in Android to minimize it.

14. ripleys baby

Aug 10, 2011
    Same here. But i know they are there and i cant forget them. They just eat away at the part of my brain that causes annoyance.

15. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    does an unwanted app installed in a forest of apps make a sound?

16. ripleys baby

Aug 10, 2011
    It does in my bloody forest !

I was once sweeping out a small amount of debris that was under some kitchen units i had installed. The customer said "leave it , you wont see it when the plinth board goes on" !!!!!! I couldn't , I would know it was there .

• Like Like x 1
  17. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer