1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Apple RAW update for E-M5

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by David A, May 22, 2012.

1. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Apple have just released Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.13 which includes compatibility for the O-MD E-M5.

2. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thank you!!!!

3. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I've been reviewing the RAW shots compared to jpeg and the former have a distinct red cast to flesh tones. This also happened to some extent with the E-P3. Anyone have any suggestions for creating a Preset 'tweak' similar to what's been done for LR4?

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    You could try reducing the Hue slider in the RAW Processing pane to 0. According to thee manual this affects red and seems to have minimal effect on other tones. If that solves the issue for you, then save that as a preset and use it as your default processing option.

I don't shoot many people shots so I haven't noticed any red skin tone issues with my E-P3. The RAW Hue slider has little effect with most of the scenes I shoot which tend not to have much red in them.

5. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Taking Hue Boost to Zero does help. This problem seems to be most prominent at higher ISOs, such as 3200. I also notice that for high ISOs the difference between the White Balance as shot (say 5000) drops in half in the RAW version of the same file (say 2700). That strikes me as just weird!