1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Apple Picking in Rhode Island, With the Oly 45 / 1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Alanroseman, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Well I did my best to make a few decent images this afternoon.

Not the best conditions, bright bright sunlight, new adopted doggie tied to my wrist, which equals the opposite of any IBIS / ILIS - instead you get DYCH "Dog Yanking Camera Hand".

Nothing too artsy, just wanted to confirm the focus issues of yesterday, using Amin's "shoot the hand method" makes it very very doable. Fine actually.

This lens produces very rich deep colors, or this monitor is way too warm...

All of these are taken with the "ancient" G1". Olympus 45mm f1.8 / Aperture 3

Apple Archway

Apple_Archway1.

Empire Apple Road

Empire1.

Pumpkins

Pumkins1.

Break time

Break_Time1.

Horses Passing

Horse_Heads1.

Bad Leaf...killed this image- great color rendering though

Bad_Leaf1.

Horse Wagon

Horse_Wagon1.

Look at that those famous Olympus colors.... well Oly lens anyhow

Panny_-_Oly_Colors1.

Wagon Driver on the way past.. again for quick focus

Wagon_Driver1.

Wagon Driver B&W

Wagon_Driver_B_W.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Nice job. That Oly lens color rendering shines through. Nice, shallow depth of field when you want it and great sharpness when you need it. The Oly 45 is definitely on my list.

BTW, I have long said that Rhode Island, like my native New Jersey, is an under-rated national treasure.

3. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Thanks. While I live in Mass, I'm only 4 miles from the RI border. RI is a beautiful state, and very under appreciated by those who live there.

Cheers, Alan

4. The colour response seems to read from the exact same script as the 17/2.8. It almost seems a shame to go B&W :) Nice series, I love the pumpkins. Well, actually I hate pumpkins. I love the image of the pumpkins...you know what I mean.

5. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Nic,

I noticed the images were washed out when I processed on my primary monitor, then posted them. looked great on the monitor, then washed out and milky when posted.

I pulled them down, and redid the processing monitor two. They look better, but when I see them now on the laptop, the reds are blown out.

I have to do a little color balance in the office I think.

Alan

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Terrific fall colors, especially the shot of the pumpkins. We went to Providence today to visit the zoo there. Beautiful weekend we're having here in the Northeast!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Alan, thanks. Apple season is here as well. Great time to be in Maine and New England.

8. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Guys,

Oh Michelle picked 26 lbs of apples, I just walked in from the Pats game. What a surprise, there's an apple crisp cooking in the oven.

I love fall in New England.

Amin: Roger Williams is really nice isn't it?

Hikari: We had two folks from Maine sitting in front of us today. Jets fans from Maine!

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Great shots! I'm waiting on the apple picking. I just can't pick apples when it's 80 degrees outside! Hopefully next weekend :)

Thanks for sharing.

(Apple crisp ... mmmmmmmm)

10. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Except for the Seadogs and Mainiacs, we don't have many sports teams. As for the majors, the ones from Boston keep disappointing...

11. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    C'mon Hikari, the B's just won the cup, and the Pats are 4 - 1!

It's the over payed underperforming dead sox that makes us all sick..

But jeez, why are two folks from Maine rooting for a NY team?

12. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Honestly, no idea. Ever since Maine was split from Massachusetts, we have been a fairly loyal followers of Mass teams. We even like the Red Socks.