1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Apple iPhone interchangeable lens phone, competition for M43?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by lenshoarder, Jul 8, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Talking about using legacy lenses for a smaller sensor :rofl: Lenses are important, but so is sensor's size, for DOF control and noise levels.
    There is a saying in Russian about using unnecessarily powerful tools, "To shoot sparrows with a cannon" (no relation to Canon :smile:).

3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    That just seems ... wrong.

4. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Maybe it's for those cases where you just forgot your flash card in the reader and the battery in the charger. The moral of the story - get an extra battery and flash card :smile:

5. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    I want to see a Nikon 600mm f/4 VR mounted on an iPhone. :rofl:

6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Jeez.. just get a body, if you're going to lug around lenses as big as those! :biggrin:

7. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    That would be "Take a cannon to a canary" as my dad used to say...

8. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    It's not Apple but Sony who should do it. I don't understand how come a NEX can't phone, or run a spreadsheet. Maybe it's for their next firmware update? When I see the zoom on it, I think they could call this OS "Steroid" or "Machoid".

Now put a lens on an iPad, there you go! Cool view camera. Operating on Bell-OS, complete with Bell-OS lenses of course--a Mac-raw-Jobsonar with Wollensiewozniak shutter, mmh...
    For flash sync, a new proprietary plug, code name Dalek, would exterminate the PC (!) terminal monopoly.
    All they have to develop is a photon-sensitive screen: these touch-screens are so passé... even Olympus has one!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    So now we just need a viewfinder and a flash that plug in to the port and we can throw away our oversized gf3, e-plm1, or the new pentax. Even p&s cams look big compared to this. Oh and the adapter looks bigger than the phone!?!

10. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The single biggest problem is the legacy lens is focusing on a pice of ground glass and the phone is taking a photo of the ground glass. So you now have two lenses focusing (one manual, one AF); dust/fingerprints on the iPhone lens, legacy lens, and both sides of the ground glass;and a contraption waving around that makes the worst of the EVIL/adapter combos look short and well balanced. Should sell like hotcakes and get another million flickr images to be avoided.

Of course, you could spend the $250 on a pocket camera that takes up less space than the case/adapter and gets better results.......

I think I've officially become a curmudgeon about c#%p like this.........

11. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  12. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    It would be fun to play around with. But $249??? Yeah, OK. That's more than what the phone costs on contract.