Apple iPhone interchangeable lens phone, competition for M43?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by lenshoarder, Jul 8, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    Talking about using legacy lenses for a smaller sensor :rofl: Lenses are important, but so is sensor's size, for DOF control and noise levels.
    There is a saying in Russian about using unnecessarily powerful tools, "To shoot sparrows with a cannon" (no relation to Canon :smile:).
  3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    That just seems ... wrong.
  4. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    Maybe it's for those cases where you just forgot your flash card in the reader and the battery in the charger. The moral of the story - get an extra battery and flash card :smile:
  5. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    I want to see a Nikon 600mm f/4 VR mounted on an iPhone. :rofl:
  6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Jeez.. just get a body, if you're going to lug around lenses as big as those! :biggrin:
  7. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    That would be "Take a cannon to a canary" as my dad used to say...
  8. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    It's not Apple but Sony who should do it. I don't understand how come a NEX can't phone, or run a spreadsheet. Maybe it's for their next firmware update? When I see the zoom on it, I think they could call this OS "Steroid" or "Machoid".

Now put a lens on an iPad, there you go! Cool view camera. Operating on Bell-OS, complete with Bell-OS lenses of course--a Mac-raw-Jobsonar with Wollensiewozniak shutter, mmh...
    For flash sync, a new proprietary plug, code name Dalek, would exterminate the PC (!) terminal monopoly.
    All they have to develop is a photon-sensitive screen: these touch-screens are so passé... even Olympus has one!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    So now we just need a viewfinder and a flash that plug in to the port and we can throw away our oversized gf3, e-plm1, or the new pentax. Even p&s cams look big compared to this. Oh and the adapter looks bigger than the phone!?!
  10. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The single biggest problem is the legacy lens is focusing on a pice of ground glass and the phone is taking a photo of the ground glass. So you now have two lenses focusing (one manual, one AF); dust/fingerprints on the iPhone lens, legacy lens, and both sides of the ground glass;and a contraption waving around that makes the worst of the EVIL/adapter combos look short and well balanced. Should sell like hotcakes and get another million flickr images to be avoided.

Of course, you could spend the $250 on a pocket camera that takes up less space than the case/adapter and gets better results.......

I think I've officially become a curmudgeon about c#%p like this.........
  11. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
  12. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    It would be fun to play around with. But $249??? Yeah, OK. That's more than what the phone costs on contract.