Apple 5k Retina iMac

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
display.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Details at PetaPixel.

Andrew

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Want it but my 2010 (I Think) is still working fine so can't warrant it for at least another year, perhaps when I start a PHD. The idea of that screen is very tempting though what I and I guess many others want is the option to buy a headless iMac and the screen separately, but Ill probably get one of the next gen just depends when I decide to do a PHD.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Wow! I could open up nearly five Word documents at the same time and see them all at 100%, not that I could read anything because of the small font size, but what bragging rights!

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm just hoping this pushes Dell to provide a 5K monitor I can hook up to my mac pro (likely after buying a new video card, unless there's some fancy way to have dual link DVI provide that sort of resolution :)

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
David Hobby tweeted yesterday the insane corollary of a 5K display - you'd need a 24mp camera to make a native wallpaper for it without upscaling...

RnR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hasse
Why is everyone so obsessed with 4k?
Do you see pixelation on your current screens?
Can't have a wall sized tv without an equally large bitrate to keep the wall pretty. Besides, if every household have upgraded to 1080p displays, players and content, how can the electronics industry survive without an upgrade path?

Latest threads

Top Bottom