App crashes

Honestly I didn't think the mobile app was even supported let alone able to be downloaded and installed. The latest version of the website, at least when viewed on mobile Safari, has the look/feel/functionality of the mobile app. Might want to give that a try and see how it compares for you.

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly I didn't think the mobile app was even supported let alone able to be downloaded and installed. The latest version of the website, at least when viewed on mobile Safari, has the look/feel/functionality of the mobile app. Might want to give that a try and see how it compares for you.
Thanks. I just did that. The app worked fine for me for years, just wondering why I stopped. I guess I’ll use Safari from now on.

Sorry I can't help you more with using the app. I know I had some issues with it a year or two ago and was given similar advice from another forum member. I gave it a try on Safari and never looked back.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The mobile app works for me, but I don’t upload images with it. It seems slow to pick up new posts though. In my browser I saw this post but it did not show up in the same place on the mobile app very odd. I am using iPhone 11

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Test to see if I can upload photo with mobile app

Edit app did not crash uploading a photo taken with the phone, dont have any camera photos on the phone.
iphone 11 is up to date as far as I know

image.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I had to give up on the app on both my iPad and iPhone. The website is now a bookmarked favorite.

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which app?

This forum uses Xenforo, and it is optimised for direct use with mobile devices.
There was an MU-43 Forum app. I can’t find it on the App Store anymore, so that probably means it isn’t supported.

Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and used Safari and it seems to work fine.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There was an MU-43 Forum app. I can’t find it on the App Store anymore, so that probably means it isn’t supported.
Just checked and it does seem removed
I like using it as the slide out menu from the left is very handy and I hate using browsers on a phone.

I can never find the watched threads easily using a browser on my PC or the phone but it is right there with one swipe on the app

Edit
What I mean is this menu bar sometimes does not display on my PC, dont know if it because I use XP & Firefox
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom