1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 - worth it?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Akvavit, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    Hi folks,

I just stumbled over a Voigtlaender APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 lens, for roughly 200€ - but I am not sure if its a bad/good/great lens for the money?

I have looked around a bit, and found plenty on the APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 SL II - but the one I have set my eyes on, is not a SL II as afar as i can see - any of you able to help out a confused man on this one?

Pic for reference:
    Voigtlaender.

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I believe that is the Leica screw mount version. You can get lots of info at cameraquest.com Steve Gandy is a US distributer for Voigtlander.

Fred

3. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    Yeah, it's with the Leica mount - but that should not be a problem - seen plenty of adapters for this on EvilBay - so guess that will work.

Thanks for the link, the lens is not as old as i thought it would be - but seems like a good portrait lens... I am indeed tempted!

4. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    It's a great lens. There is practically no difference in sharpness across the field between apertures until diffraction kicks in. You can shoot this one wide open without compunction unlike a "thin" Tele-Elmarit I had once. And, on :43: you'll only be using the centre.

236746002_8faa8fbce5_z.
    Shearing by Mark Bowerman, on Flickr

M6TTL, CV 90/3.5, Tri-x

5. khiromu

khiromu New to Mu-43

Apr 29, 2010
    This is a great lens without Leica price tag. I have been used it on film and digital Leica and liked it very much, considering its price.
    The only neg is its F3.5 max aperture value, but if that's not a problem, then this is a great lens to have.
    Personally, I haven't used it on mirror less camera body, though.

Thank you.
    Hiromu

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.