1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 - worth it?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Akvavit, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    Hi folks,

I just stumbled over a Voigtlaender APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 lens, for roughly 200€ - but I am not sure if its a bad/good/great lens for the money?

I have looked around a bit, and found plenty on the APO-Lanthar 90mm F3,5 SL II - but the one I have set my eyes on, is not a SL II as afar as i can see - any of you able to help out a confused man on this one?

Pic for reference:
    Voigtlaender.

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I believe that is the Leica screw mount version. You can get lots of info at cameraquest.com Steve Gandy is a US distributer for Voigtlander.

Fred

3. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    Yeah, it's with the Leica mount - but that should not be a problem - seen plenty of adapters for this on EvilBay - so guess that will work.

Thanks for the link, the lens is not as old as i thought it would be - but seems like a good portrait lens... I am indeed tempted!

4. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    It's a great lens. There is practically no difference in sharpness across the field between apertures until diffraction kicks in. You can shoot this one wide open without compunction unlike a "thin" Tele-Elmarit I had once. And, on :43: you'll only be using the centre.

236746002_8faa8fbce5_z.
    Shearing by Mark Bowerman, on Flickr

M6TTL, CV 90/3.5, Tri-x

5. khiromu

khiromu New to Mu-43

Apr 29, 2010
    This is a great lens without Leica price tag. I have been used it on film and digital Leica and liked it very much, considering its price.
    The only neg is its F3.5 max aperture value, but if that's not a problem, then this is a great lens to have.
    Personally, I haven't used it on mirror less camera body, though.

Thank you.
    Hiromu