1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Aperture RAW Conversion

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mav, May 16, 2011.

1. mav

mav Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Matt
    Hi all,

So over the years I've shot in RAW with all my cameras that could because I knew I'd end up wanting to do some stuff with RAW. 55gb and counting.....

So anyway I have a mac and am thinking of grabbing Aperture 3. I'm running a trial now and it seems pretty decent.

I've been importing my GF1 RAW files into it and I was just wondering is there anything I have to do to convert them properly or is there some good presets going around. Or do you guys know of an article anywhere on aperture and raw processing?

2. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    Import into Aperture 3 and create your own presets if necessary.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    As far as basic raw conversion, Aperture does just fine on its own, and if you like something slightly different you can tweak the import settings it uses to make them more to your liking. There are a zillion Aperture pre-sets available for download out there, some free, some for a nominal charge. But I'm not aware of any just for basic processing for a given camera so much as to get a specific look you might be after. The basic processing is pretty good on its own and customizable.

-Ray