Aperture Help

Zeamays

Mu-43 Rookie
So I went ahead and picked up Aperture last night when I saw that the App store had it so cheap. Honestly, I have just gotten the hang of iPhoto's much more limited set of adjustments...looking at what Aperture has to offer, I feel like I may have bitten off more than I know what to do with. Any good book or website recommendations to help me wade through all of these sliders and adjustment options? :)

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I don't know if they're still there or not, but when I first got Aperture last April or May there were a handful of Apple videos that gave me enough of a jump start that I was able to take it from there pretty easily on my own. You might want to check those out on the Apple site.

-Ray

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
Go to Lynda.com and sign up for one month and take her Aperture course that is all you should need.

A seceond to Grant's recommendation. Photog Derrick Story's basic course at Lynda.com is excellent, and a month's subscription lets you consume all you can during that period. You might find you would like to "re-up" at the end of a month as they have a variety of excellent courses, videos, discussions, etc.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure the Lynda.com tutorials will be excellent.

You might also find it helpful to look at a couple of threads appropriately titled right in this forum. I did a search just now in this software forum and got this for Aperture. You'll see if you look that there are a handful of good threads that have real help in them about this software. That said, those tutorials will be very helpful, I'm sure.

Latest threads

Top Bottom