Aperture 3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by noelh, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Looking through Aperture 3 (A3)Help I could not find the process to merge different images into a single image. Is that even an option with A3? Playing around with NIK HDR I was able merge couple images into a single image.
  2. tybeck

tybeck New to Mu-43

Jun 6, 2010
    As far as I know this isn't an option in Aperture (or Lightroom). You can do it in a separate program like you did with the Nik HDR software. onOne does have their Perfect Layers program that claims to add basic layer functions to Aperture or Lightroom. Layers can also be opened in Photoshop. If you don't need a full version of Photoshop Pixelmator, Acorn, Photoshop Elements, and GIMP give similar options for Mac, but at $70 Perfect Layers might be a good option as well. I've not used this plugin, so I can't speak for it's usability. OnOne does offer a 30-day tria.

For my PP I need Photoshop and use layers frequently. A major reason I picked Lightroom over Aperture is that you can open up a group of pictures directly into Photoshop (normal stack or HDR). Best I could tell you can't do that in Aperture.
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Noel,

Right. Aperture isn't offering that option. I use NIK HDR EFX. there are others though, I very very rarely even look at it lest I get in trouble with Luckypenguin, and Kevin Paris.....:biggrin:
  4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    yup ... aperture and lightroom dont do merging of images... its just not their thang... connected to the whole non destructive thing

haven't tried perfect layers.

and Alan... stop being afraid of me... i am a pussy cat :)

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    You Kevin, Nic.....the angry penguin.... HDR.... I'm just not going there..:biggrin: