Aperture 3 or Bibble Pro 5.2: your preference

Allan Crowson

Mu-43 Regular
Nashville, TN, by way of France and Ivory Coast
Please, no flames! I am interested in comparisons of Aperture 3 and Bibble Pro 5.2, specifically concerning editing raw and jpeg from the E-PL1. I'm interested in the following areas, especially:
  • Ease of editing
  • Issues with .orf and Olympus jpegs in particular
  • Catalogs and digital asset management
  • Hardware resources (destined for use on Mac Mini Intel 2.53 Ghz (last of the first form factor Mini) and MBP 15" 2.5 (last of the MBPs before the unibodies).

I would like to know what you appreciate or miss in the programs.

I know that I can try out both, but would like to learn from others' experiences as well.

Thank you in advance!

shoturtle

do not know about bibble, but I have had no issues with aperture 3 with raw or jpeg editing. So I like aperture.

shoturtle

I run it on 2 macbook pro 13, no problems with it. Just know that aperture likes allot of RAM, I have 8gb on one and 4gb on the other

shoturtle

Do you notice a difference between the 4gig machine and the 8gig machine?

The 8gb runs faster, 4gb is not bad. I just upgraded the 8gb and was running 4gb since aperture 3 came out. And 4GB worked well. Forget about running it on a 2gb machine.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It's a bit hard for me to say one or the other as I only use Aperture. I don't know which is better, but I like what I've got with Aperture. Personally I love the UI of iPhoto '11 ( one of the best photo interfaces out there ). So for the hard work of processing RAW I use Aperture and export as jpeg into iPhoto.
The streamlined and fast interface of iPhoto is the best I find to show photos to friends ect. Whereas for adjusting Raw images with my preset, Aperture is a killer app. (this means 'good' to me:)

Optical Thrombosis

Mu-43 Regular
Having used both, I can honestly say that its horses for courses. Whichever does it for you. They are both powerful packages.

Aperture probably has the nicer, slicker interface, but Bibble is better value for money! If you are on a budget - get Bibble. You might find that Bibble runs better on older less powerful macs. Aperture does like a lot of system resource to work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom