Aperture 3 and BorderFX now in 64 bit mode

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BBW, May 20, 2010.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I haven't tried it yet but I believe Tom AKA thearne3 has, even before it became updated for Aperture 3 in 64 bit mode. Just checked their site and there is now a plug in available: BorderFX Plug-ins :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Just an update to this suggestion. The Bordersfx guy just released this plugin updated to work with Aperture3 with Snow Leopard within the past few days. I downloaded it this morning and its a really nice addition to A3 if you like to export your work with borders, drop-shadows, watermarks, labels, captions, any other sort of text, etc. Very easy and intuitive. Free, but a donation is requested by the author.

My first try I managed to export a photo exactly how I wanted, with a very thin border defining the edge of the canvas, some white space, then the image with a wider border around the image. I did not save this as a preset - I exported it and figured I'd be able to recreate it if I liked it. So far, I've since been unable to recreate the thin border around the canvas, so I can't say that it works COMPLETELY intuitively, but everything else I've been able to customize quite easily. I have an email in to the programer to try to figure out what I did right the first time. Once I get this detail resolved, I'll give it a 100% recommendation. As is, I'm sticking with 98% recommended if you like to export with borders and you're using Aperture 3 with Snow Leopard. I think there are previous versions that work with earlier versions of Aperture and earlier OS releases.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2