Anyoone Bought BGN legacy lenses from KEH?

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
It says the the BGN lenses are 70-79% quality of original lens. That sounds pretty good for me.

The savings is quite decent over an EX/EX+ version. Especially when I try to get 2-3 lenses.

Just wonder if anyone buy BGN legacy lenses and happy with the products.

Thanks

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
I hear it's hit or miss. Sometimes the lens can be great, other times it really looks to be a bargain lens. I usually get EX lenses which in most cases would be a 9-9.5/10 from other used gear shops.

duke

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Duke
I've bought a bunch of bargain grade stuff from them. In my experience it has all been great optically, just might be scuffed up or something. I even ordered some ugly ones just to see what they were like, probably want to stay away from those :wink: I'd buy bargain ones though, plus they have a great return policy.

HarryS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've bought two BGN lens from KEH and thought they were in good condition. No damage on filter rings. Apertures snappy. I'd buy again if I was in the market.

Steven

Mu-43 All-Pro
I do have some. They are generally OK . One has kind of stiff aperture ring. I am glad I did not overspend though as I ended up not using it much.

jomerads

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John S.
I bought a lot of bargain lenses from KEH as well. The worse that I got was an FD 135 2.8 mm with a built in hood that was slightly deformed that it was harder to put a filter on it. I loved the pictures I got from it though. The other bargain was a Vivitar Series 1 zoom that has a rather bad zoom creep. I placed a zoom rubber band on it and problem solved.

I will continue to buy bargain lenses and products from them.

John S.

jziegler

Mu-43 Veteran
When I was shooting Nikon, I bought a few BGN items from them. I don't remember if I got a lens or if that lens was EX, but I did get a BGN camera body. It was as advertised. Worked great, but the base was scuffed and dinged, and the rubber grip was loose (common Nikon DSLR problem). I'd definately go for BGN again.

Now, I also got a flash that was UG. It works, but it is very rough in condition. Only go with UG if it's cheap and something you don't care much about.

duke

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Duke
Now, I also got a flash that was UG. It works, but it is very rough in condition. Only go with UG if it's cheap and something you don't care much about.

Forgot that I bought my spotmeter in UG condition when I was shooting film. I think UG is fine for accessories that don't impact the image quality.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I've always been pleased with BGN lenses from KEH. Haven't tried UG because I don't want to deal with fungus, element separation, etc.

Jason C

Mu-43 Veteran
I am a profuse KEH bargain hunter, and I have yet to be let down once.

The following is a list of KEH bargain condition lenses I have bought from them:

Canon FDn 300mm f/4--$150--
Perfect glass, worn body but not bad.

Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8--$29--
Perfect glass, body in good condition, slightly stiff focus action.

Konica Hexanon AR 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 macro--$23--
Perfect glass, good body with smooth focus and zoom actions. A steal.

3 various FD mount Tokina zooms--$8 to $19--
Perfect glass on all 3, worn bodies but with good zoom and focus actions.

Canon FD 135mm f/2.5--$35--
Perfect glass, good body but a slightly stiff focus action.

Konica Hexanon AR 57mm f/1.4--$39--
Perfect glass, good body, good focus action but slightly stiff aperture ring.

Minolta Rokkor MC 58mm f/1.4--$39--
Perfect glass, very good body, excellent aperture action but slightly stiff focus action.

KEH has never let me down, and if there ever was an issue they will help to resolve it.

Jason

Latest threads

Top Bottom