Anyone want to test a new camera?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by dagaleaa, Jul 1, 2014.

1. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    • Like Like x 1
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I just heard about that! I'd love to get my hands on one of those things.

3. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Tempting offer.... I filled out all the way to the CC but then sobered up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Not for me to try, but it is a great marketing technique. Sigma is out very little money, word on the street increases, blog posts increase, and I have a feeling some people won't bother to return them, in which case Sigma makes a "goodwill" sale.

5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I love the files out of the Sigma DPs. Seriously impressive! But that is one ugly camera. And it looks super awkward to hold (unless you want to take super hi-res selfies!).

6. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Me too, but then I read the fine print. If Sigma decides camera is damaged in any way, you're out $999. If the camera doesn't arrive back on the 7th day (following delivery), you're possibly out $999. I could just see some kind of shipping hold-up here in Wyoming and I'm suddenly, well, out $999.

Just a little too risky for my tastes. But I love the idea. I hope someone gets one to try out and posts some pictures.

7. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    7 days period is too short for Sigma need to receive on the 7th day.

8. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Don't let that hold you up, any good credit card will back you up, and I'm sure sigma knows its. I'm just worried I'd like it 10 days and then want to send it back. I think if it wasn't as ugly I'd be much more tempted. This is the Edsel of cameras.

9. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I read the fine print as well. They are sending 2-day labels with the camera. So unless you have to send it out on Sunday, the postage is responsible for getting it there on the 7th day (if you mail by the 5th day). If not, they could be held liable in this case. I have a feeling the "If Sigma discovers damage" is just a CYA part, so they don't get people doing crazy things with them, and so they can then sell open box vs refurbished.

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'm happy with my :43: kit. I don't plan to change again. I'll leave the adventure to someone else. :biggrin: