Anyone want to test a new camera?

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Tempting offer.... I filled out all the way to the CC but then sobered up.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Not for me to try, but it is a great marketing technique. Sigma is out very little money, word on the street increases, blog posts increase, and I have a feeling some people won't bother to return them, in which case Sigma makes a "goodwill" sale.

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
I love the files out of the Sigma DPs. Seriously impressive! But that is one ugly camera. And it looks super awkward to hold (unless you want to take super hi-res selfies!).

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
Tempting offer.... I filled out all the way to the CC but then sobered up.
Me too, but then I read the fine print. If Sigma decides camera is damaged in any way, you're out $999. If the camera doesn't arrive back on the 7th day (following delivery), you're possibly out $999. I could just see some kind of shipping hold-up here in Wyoming and I'm suddenly, well, out $999.

Just a little too risky for my tastes. But I love the idea. I hope someone gets one to try out and posts some pictures.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Me too, but then I read the fine print. If Sigma decides camera is damaged in any way, you're out $999. If the camera doesn't arrive back on the 7th day (following delivery), you're possibly out $999. I could just see some kind of shipping hold-up here in Wyoming and I'm suddenly, well, out $999.

Just a little too risky for my tastes. But I love the idea. I hope someone gets one to try out and posts some pictures.
Don't let that hold you up, any good credit card will back you up, and I'm sure sigma knows its. I'm just worried I'd like it 10 days and then want to send it back. I think if it wasn't as ugly I'd be much more tempted. This is the Edsel of cameras.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith

I read the fine print as well. They are sending 2-day labels with the camera. So unless you have to send it out on Sunday, the postage is responsible for getting it there on the 7th day (if you mail by the 5th day). If not, they could be held liable in this case. I have a feeling the "If Sigma discovers damage" is just a CYA part, so they don't get people doing crazy things with them, and so they can then sell open box vs refurbished.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom