1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone waiting for Olympus EM1/12-40 Mail-In-Rebate???

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lightmonkey, Jan 20, 2014.

1. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    I submitted my rebate online, and sent in the physical materials -- thankfully using trackable Certified Mail.

It says Delivery January 3rd. Today is Jan 20th and olympus.rebateaccess.com Status still shows they're awaiting the mail.....

JPbq14v.

should "processing" be this slow?

2. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    You might want to call and ask about your rebate. My submission detail page said that "Your submission has been processed and your response had been mailed. You should receive it by January 1, 2014". I waited until Jan 5 and called. They said my rebate was declined because there was no receipt of purchase.

I know that there was a receipt because I made copies of everything I sent. I was a bit ticked off. The representative said that I could fax a receipt they would see what they could do. It's been faxed and I'm still waiting. I'll probably call today to see what the "status" is.

3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Mail-in rebates are evil incarnate. Well maybe tiger direct is evil and they spawn the rebates .

4. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    Just called and my faxed receipt was accepted and I have a new tracking ID. I should get my rebate after another 4-6 weeks.

It'll be a nice surprise I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Should it be that slow? No. But that seems to be the way they do things. Example - I mailed mine in on Dec. 12. As of Jan 15, it was still showing 'awaiting your mail'. I double-checked today and it finally says - 'we have received your mail and are processing it'

6. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    well, the same day you posted that mine just updated to "received" too.

7. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    Same problem here. Mine had said "your response has been mailed", and after about 10 days I finally received a postcard saying it was denied because I didn't send everything. When I called, they also claimed I hadn't submitted the receipt and had me fax it. Still waiting for the next processing.

I submitted the rebate for the flash on the same day and have the "your response has been mailed," so I'm wondering what kind of crap they will claim this time. I enjoy the Olympus products but am fed up with this rebate process, and it may keep me from being a returning customer if this is the way they plan to treat us.

By the way, how are they mailing this stuff that it takes two weeks to receive it? And what kind of morons do they have working for them that require 4-6 weeks to "process" a freshly faxed invoice and get the check out. This is not the way to make happy customers!

8. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    I mailed mine in on Dec 8 - the 12-40 shows received and still processing (apparently very difficult to send a check)
    the accessory rebate also now finally has been received and shows processing

so I'm waiting for 2 checks 6 weeks now

Rebates are really a pain

9. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I forgot about mine until I saw this post. I just checked them and they both say they are in the mail back to me by February 5. I wonder what service they used that will take a couple weeks to deliver!

10. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    I got the same response as the OP, I sent mine in late December.

11. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    Woohoo. Received the check for the accessory rebate today. Now if I can just get the $200 one. Mailed in mid November, so they certainly don't get in a hurry.

12. PhillyBill

PhillyBill Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2012
    William Jordan
    Got my accessory rebate check yesterday. Submitted it December 4.

It appears they did not send out any checks until after all the submissions were made. Either that, or they are extraordinarily slow.

13. Mooring

Mooring Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    Lee Mooring
    Sent mine Dec 5th. One for the 12-40 and one for the MMF-3. Still showing received and processing for the second week. They were both ordered directly from Olympus. I love Olympus but they seriously need to do away with the rebate process or hire actual humans to do the processing rather than a bunch of chimpanzees...heck, chimps could probably move faster than their rebate center.