Anyone using the Fotodiox Pro Thumb Grip?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DeeJayK, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  2. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    The Fotodiox 4.5cm thumb grip appears to be identical to the grip sold on eBay by Roxsen for about $22 U.S. Roxsen says that the 4.5cm will work on the G3.

There's also a different model sold by other eBay stores in black, white, silver, red, or green for about $9 shipped. The G3 version appears to be about the same length as the 4.5cm.

I'm tempted to buy one of each and try them on my G3. If I buy or try any of them, I'll post results here.

3. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I would buy one in a heartbeat if it came with the Leica set-up shown in the link.

4. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I have the "type-A" on my PM1 and it works pretty well. Looks a bit odd at first, but it does give a nice place to rest your thumb without the tendency to press the 'record' button by accident. I have the 'record' button programmed for AEL which is now hard to get at without adjusting your grip and taking your focus off composing the shot...

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Care to share a picture or two off the grip installed on your camera?

sent with my phone...please excuse the typos

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.