Anyone using Oly 45mm/1.8 with Olympus with EPL1 ?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by reggaerahul, Nov 12, 2013.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    Pune, MH, India
    Rahul Rege
    Hi, I have an EPL1 and couple of legacy primes (50/1.4,28/2.8,135/2.8 in FD) and was planning to move to something light. Since I have been specifically shooting more with 50mm f1.4 for some close ups and portrairts, I thought a good mapping on native lenses would be 45/1.8

I happen to on internet reviews that the focusing is not that fast. Probably its faster for the next PEN line PM1, P3, and current.

I was wondering if any of you have used this lens with the EPL1. If its not taking full advantage of the the focusing speed, I might be happy with the FD 50 with manual focus OR move to a PM2 or similar bodies. My main objective is to make it light and compact but not lose the fast legacy prime experience I had.

Thanks in advance.

2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I bought the 45mm when the EPL1 was my only m43 body. Works fine on the EPL1. Sure. it will be faster when you get a newer M43 body, but the colors/detail remain excellent.

I also have the FD 50/1.8 and used that until I got the 45mm. .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.