1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone using Flickr as a "JPEG backup store"? What do you use to batch upload?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Andym72, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK
    I've just bought a Mac, and I'm not using iPhoto (Even with the "Copy items into Library" option disabled, it is still brain dead - any modifications STILL end up stored in the Library and therefore difficult to get at with any other app!), so I've been looking at a tool that will let me manage the files in the Pictures folder in their native state - separate JPEGs - and get them uploaded to Flickr. I've been using F-Stop for now as an upload tool... but what I'm really looking for is a tool that will sync my Pictures folder to Flickr, so that:

- new Subfolders automatically become new Sets on Flickr
    - newly added picture files are automatically added to Flickr
    - newly modified/edited picture files automatically replace the image that is already there in Flickr
    - as a safeguard, deleting any picture files has no effect on Flickr (if you really need to delete an image in Flickr, there is always the Organizer or F-Stop)

Basically, I want to use Flickr as a JPEG Backup Store that stays up to date with what is on my Mac's hard disk. Is anyone doing this already? Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Andy