Anyone using Flickr as a "JPEG backup store"? What do you use to batch upload?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Andym72, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK
    I've just bought a Mac, and I'm not using iPhoto (Even with the "Copy items into Library" option disabled, it is still brain dead - any modifications STILL end up stored in the Library and therefore difficult to get at with any other app!), so I've been looking at a tool that will let me manage the files in the Pictures folder in their native state - separate JPEGs - and get them uploaded to Flickr. I've been using F-Stop for now as an upload tool... but what I'm really looking for is a tool that will sync my Pictures folder to Flickr, so that:

- new Subfolders automatically become new Sets on Flickr
    - newly added picture files are automatically added to Flickr
    - newly modified/edited picture files automatically replace the image that is already there in Flickr
    - as a safeguard, deleting any picture files has no effect on Flickr (if you really need to delete an image in Flickr, there is always the Organizer or F-Stop)

Basically, I want to use Flickr as a JPEG Backup Store that stays up to date with what is on my Mac's hard disk. Is anyone doing this already? Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Andy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.