anyone using darktable on Windows 10

Firefox is my browser of choice, and I also use LibreOffice. I remember back to my Linux only days when I used digikam, which worked fine, but didn't function as well on Windows (probably XP), as it is over 14 years ago.

I might wait for the updated version then. Thanks for the info.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I might wait for the updated version then. Thanks for the info.
Don't, there's no need. The new versions aren't all that different, it's mostly added or improved modules. Now that I think about it I believe I started with a 2 version, maybe .8 or .6. None of the new versions caused a problem or earning curve except for the new modules, as you'd expect. I think I've updated 4 or 5 times now. It's free, go for it.

SyZyGy

Mu-43 Regular
I might wait for the updated version then.
Welcome! AFAIK, stable release of dt v3.6 is expected July 3rd.

(Meant no need to try testing v3.5.99999 or whatever. Stable v.3.4.1 is fine, 3.6 should just be better, no huge changes.)

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
Welcome! AFAIK, stable release of dt v3.6 is expected July 3rd.

(Meant no need to try testing v3.5.99999 or whatever. Stable v.3.4.1 is fine, 3.6 should just be better, no huge changes.)
Another mid-year? Cool! This is about the only positive to a pandemic. The developers all stayed home with nothing to do!

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
This is cool:

Support for "dual demosaic" has also been added, allowing you to combine "RCD + VNG4" and "AMaZE + VNG4" for bayer sensors, for xtrans sensors there is "Markesteijn 3-pass + VNG". This allows you to use higher quality algorithms (RCD/AMaZE/Markesteijn3) on high frequency parts of the image and lower quality algorithms on low frequency parts and can be helpful in better controlling noise.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom