Anyone Used The VF2 or VF3 (on the EPL1)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SCT, Aug 3, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    So I may buy one of those viewfinders before this weekend. However, the VF2 costs more than the VF3, if the VF3 is for sale now I think. But basically, everyone knows the LCD screen of EPL1 may show a clear picture but turns out not to be...

Or does anyone else have suggestions for another viewfinder that can work? I'm mainly using my Minolta 50mm Macro and the 40-150 or the 14-42 lenses. The 40-150 and 14-42 I'm not too concerned about not using a viewfinder. But the macro, definately.

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I use the VF-2 a lot, mostly with legacy lenses, and it's very nice. Really nice. Can't comment on the VF-3 because I don't think it's out yet, but it appears to have significantly lower specs for not that much less money. Unless there's something about the ergonomics (e.g., a lot smaller) I'd stick with the VF-2.

Also, it seems like the price of the VF-2 has fluctuated a lot in the past 6 months. I seem to remember someone offering them for about $200--now they're back up to about $250. I think if you are patient you may still be able to find good deals on them.

-Tom

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    VF-2 works just fine on the E-PL1 :smile:

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The VF-3 isn't in stores yet but I used a VF-2 on my E-PL1 and it was a great combination. The VF-2 is the best EVF I've ever used - although the built-in EVFs in Panasonic's G and GH series are very close.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.