Anyone Used The VF2 or VF3 (on the EPL1)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SCT, Aug 3, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    So I may buy one of those viewfinders before this weekend. However, the VF2 costs more than the VF3, if the VF3 is for sale now I think. But basically, everyone knows the LCD screen of EPL1 may show a clear picture but turns out not to be...

Or does anyone else have suggestions for another viewfinder that can work? I'm mainly using my Minolta 50mm Macro and the 40-150 or the 14-42 lenses. The 40-150 and 14-42 I'm not too concerned about not using a viewfinder. But the macro, definately.

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I use the VF-2 a lot, mostly with legacy lenses, and it's very nice. Really nice. Can't comment on the VF-3 because I don't think it's out yet, but it appears to have significantly lower specs for not that much less money. Unless there's something about the ergonomics (e.g., a lot smaller) I'd stick with the VF-2.

Also, it seems like the price of the VF-2 has fluctuated a lot in the past 6 months. I seem to remember someone offering them for about $200--now they're back up to about $250. I think if you are patient you may still be able to find good deals on them.

-Tom

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    VF-2 works just fine on the E-PL1 :smile:

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The VF-3 isn't in stores yet but I used a VF-2 on my E-PL1 and it was a great combination. The VF-2 is the best EVF I've ever used - although the built-in EVFs in Panasonic's G and GH series are very close.