1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone use Tumblr for their photos?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dylandingo, Aug 19, 2012.

1. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    I have been looking for some more people to follow on Tumblr that are fellow m4/3s users. If anyone is interested my page is Fearless Mirrorless and I would like to follow you. This isn't some add for an add or anything so feel free to post your URL and not feel the need to follow me or anyone else, just whatever sparks your interest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    I do, too. For me it's more of a general blog that includes photos, because Tumblr makes it so easy to post many kinds of things. Anyone not wanting to read miscellaneous rants and jokes and quotes and such should stick to my 500px page insteand. :) Kevin Williams

You have a great set of B&W images there!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
  4. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Im on tumblr. I update it every once in a while and my link is on my sig, you can check me out on tumblr and my website is linked to it, too. :biggrin:

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    No...
    But a lot of other people have used my Flickr photos on their Tumblr sites...:rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

6. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

I have been wondering what is a good method and i think i will go with Tumblr, i dont like facebook for everything, but i figure it will end up there anyway. I have a blogger account but thats for blogging (when i do).

Thanks for posting this, i think you just motivated me.

Edit:added your tumblrs to my links to check out every once in a while.

7. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks everyone, I am following all of you so far. I do like to stay more with original content on my Tumblr but I tent to post a music video every now and then when I feel like it. I use to use it also as a blog for some of my political ramblings but I have picked those posts out and decided to keep it for photography(96% of the time.)

RT_Panther, sounds like you might as well make one yourself. I link my Flickr photos to Tumblr so I get the best of both worlds.

8. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Tumblr is a great little blogger that is extremely easy to use and straight to the point. I agree about not using facebook for this, I would rather have my photos for people looking for them via searching tags on Tumblr or the like than to try to convince friends and familys to "friend" my facebook page. I've also noticed that facebook compresses my images more than most other sites I've used(although I must admit it's been awhile since I've tried so maybe they have improved.)

If you do end up setting one up please post the link in here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

You are correct, they do compress the images, and i dont mind if someone finds use for my full size image, if i get to the point that i need to copyright them the history that led me there is for the masses.