1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone use these Nikon adapters?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by a_hit_of_meth, Jan 27, 2012.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I've looked at these two as my options for a Nikon AI lens adapter, no brand, just generic. I tried mounting one of them and I don't think it even locked on to my e-pl3.

Anyone have experience with either one? Don't know what else is available out there, one costs around 50 usd, the other is around 35. I don't know which is which or if the 15 dollar price difference is justified since they both look and feel cheap and tacky. Looking for any input to help me with my decision making.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what the lens mount looks like on both:

[​IMG]

2. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
  3. Wes7

Wes7 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Lesotho
    I have what I believe is a Rainbow Imaging Nikon to M43 adapter. It locks properly on both ends, though there is a little play on the mount to the camera. It is only a little more than what is present on my Panasonic 20mm. It does focus past infinity, but I think most cheap adapters do. I am happy with it considering what I paid. I have a Fotasy Konica adapter that I can't say the same about.

4. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I had used the middle picutre adapture with my legacy NIkon 20mm. IT work ok. Cant complain . They dont look like a million dollars. BUt they work. Haven tuse mthem much since I bought native prime lens.

5. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    I have the second one. It works fine. Perhaps not as pretty as it might be but the price was right at Amazon and it's fully functional.

6. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I picked up the Fotodiox at Amazon right before xmas for $21.

No jiggle. Works great.