1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone use EP3 grip on EPL5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Has anyone used the large EP3 grip on the EPL5? Does it fit? How does it help the grip if it does fit?

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    OK, even if you never used one, does anyone know if the EP3 large grip will fit on an EPL5?

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Might be a problem since the width of the bodies aren't exactly the same...

4. asterinex

asterinex Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    I seen someone who did it and it fits. On the Olympus website it is also listed as compatible. Should work.
    I'm might buy one myself :)

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I stand corrected then! :redface:

6. finja

finja Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 29, 2010
    It fits!

I had been thinking about getting the E-P3 large grip for my E-PL5 and after seeing this thread, I decided to give it a try.

I received the large grip for my E-PL5 yesterday. Good news is that it fits and, for me, improves the handling of the camera (I like to use a wrist strap and dangle the camera using my index finger and thumb like I did with the E-PL1). I did see a tiny gap between the grip and the body so I wasn't sure that the curvature of the grip is exactly designed to fit the E-PL5 but it very minor and not noticeable unless you inspect it closely.

I should note though that with a large lens attached, there is very little room between the grip and the lens for your finger. Didn't bother me but may bother some...

• Like Like x 1