1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone use a sigma lens with canon mount on mft

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Patrick Abandy, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Patrick Abandy

Patrick Abandy New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2015
    Southern California
    Patrick Abandy
    Has anyone used the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 canon mount with an EF-S adapter (from Kipon) on MFT or OM-D E-M1?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sounds like a very expensive way to end up with a worse solution than a Panasonic 7-14mm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patrick Abandy

Patrick Abandy New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2015
    Southern California
    Patrick Abandy
    I've been looking at the Panasonic 7-14 but I keep reading that the lens has some issues on Olympus cameras (the purple flares).

• Like Like x 1
  4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    You could get the new Oly m.ZD 7-14 f2.8, or the old 4/3 Oly ZD 7-14 f4 + MMF-3 adapter.
    I've seen good prices lately on the latter, and it's excellent (but heavy).

Barry

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  5. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    It's not really worth using without a speedbooster, yet with a speedbooster you're going to have to butcher the lens hood. It's wider than the all of the 7-14s at 5.68-11.36 (basically 6-12 give or take depending on what rounding used), depending on the version of your metabones adapter it's going to have rubbish to perfectly fine corners (the newer Ultra version fixes all of the compatibility issues, older versions can be problematic with some lenses however I cannot recall if this lens had them as it's one of the rarer lenses to use due to the hood issues).

The Panasonic 7-14 is going to be far smaller and have no usability issues at all, however it doesn't open up other options via speedbooster. There's no point using this lens on a glassless adapter as it will not match the performance of native lenses, full stop, end of story.