Anyone use a leather half case for GX1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sigamy, Nov 27, 2013.

1. sigamy

sigamy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    I see a few nice leather half cases for GX1 on eBay. Anyone using one of these? The look very handsome but do they have any impact (positive or negative) on the usability of the camera?

Also, do you think these would be more suited to male photographers?
  2. FlyLo

FlyLo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I use a Gariz half case in the browny red colour. It looks classy and I think is suits my silver EM5 well. It still allows access to the battery and improves the way the camera handles too which is awesome. Not to mention, adds a bit of protection against scuffs as well.

Male, female? Suited to both really.

If I had a GX1 I'd get a Gariz case for it too.
  3. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    I have one (the original from panasonic) but have not used it much. It is good if you'd like a fatter grip, or some kind of protection. On the other side, you have to unscrew it to get to the battery/sd card (not the case with the gariz one, but ut it is quite expensive and the tripod mount is off center). Compromises...
  4. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    This is the Kaza.
    It protects nicely and is well made but to be honest I liked the feel of the GX1 grip
    and although it added little to the bulk of the camera, I prefer the minute size savings and would go naked if I was to do it(GX1) again.

5. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    I have and use one. I find it improves the handling of the camera a lot. It depends om the size of your hands though. I find the camera a little small to grip comfortably and the half cast basically just enlarges it making for a more natural and more comfortable holding experience .
    I also use and like the Aki Asahi leather stick on skin. It also improves handling/grippiness and stealthiness .