Anyone Tried Samsung CSC

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Gyles, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Just wondering what they're like.

Bodies comparable in size to m43, 16mm, 20mm, & 30mm pancakes a couple of other nice primes including a macro. A compact short zoom, plus other usual zooms.Big sensor with a high mp count. I think I saw something about WiFi & GPS.

Just curious that's all as they get decent reviews. Samsung is a massive company. I hear that they might be switching to sensor stabilization, bringing out some retro bodies and moving production to China to lower costs.

2. gdourado

gdourado Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2012
    Lisbon - Portugal
    Hi,

I was going to go for a nx200 camera with the 18-55 zoom before going for my m43 setup.
    I was dead set on it but then went to a local store and they had a sweet deal on my current E-PL2 and I got it on the spot.
    Have to say that today I am glad I did.
    I got to play with the nx200 a couple of times.
    The camera is fast and responsive and has a very good menu system, for my liking at least.
    At first I was thinking of just getting the camera with the kit lens and a pancake.
    But then I got to m43 and really came to see and know the system and how much more mature it is and how much more developed it is.
    For me, the fact that m43 is made up of two manufacturers makes all the difference. The choice of camera bodies style and performance and size, and native lenses is just great.
    I really like having the available choice of having ultra wide angle zooms, standard bright zooms, fast primes, portrait lenses, macro lenses, telephotos... And all other accessories and flashes.
    It is just not there with the samsung.
    For me the samsung cameras and sensors are good, the available lenses are good, they are just not there as a photography system. It is not as bad as the NEX line, but not as good as m43...

But at the end of the day it is all about your needs...
    If the Samsung system can do what you want without limiting you and has advantages for you over the other systems, then sure it will be a great choice.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1