Anyone Tried Denoise Projects Professional?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by tradesmith45, Feb 12, 2016.

1. tradesmith45

tradesmith45 Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 13, 2012
    Just saw an ad for this unique new NR software. It appears to have an especially complete set of NR tools & its on special $35: Denoise projects professional special offer | PROJECTS SOFTWARE

Claims to address all this types of noise:
    • - Chroma Noise (colour noise) (Filter: Denoising - colour)

• - Luminance Noise (bright noise) (Filter: Denoising - HD)

• - Hot pixels
      (Filter: Hotpixel noise suppression)

• - Salt & Pepper (individual defective pixels) (Filter: Hotpixel noise suppression)

• - Gaps
      (Filter: Denoising - fill gaps)

• - Banding
      (Filter: Denoise - banding)

• - Colour Clouds
      (Filter: Denoising - colour clouds)
    And it does stacking for both astro & terrestrial images!
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Is there a trial? Maybe give that a go first. My quick search didn't reveal much interest in said software.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Harwich, MA USA
    Marc Sitkin
    I've been unable to successfully download a trial version
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's a red flag IMO. If a company is willing to discount their software 80%, yet not offer a free trial before you buy, it's likely rubbish .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    I use Topaz Denoise and am happy with it another good one is NIK define I use that one too.
  6. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    +1 on Topaz Denoise.

Did a quick search on this as well and found some users saying they had tried the trial and it didn't do anything they couldn't accomplish in Lightroom plus Topaz, which is what I do myself.
  7. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    The Mac only Macphun noise reduction software (I forget the name) is on sale for $29 this month. And it has a free trial. Honestly... with niktools and macphun offering complete suites for the "regular" price of this one program, it becomes hard to justify spending that much for one program. No, nik define isn't the very very best, but its very good. Maybe I'd have a different perspective if I earned my pay with photography.
  8. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    I use Macphun Noiseless. That app is better than the Nik noise reducer or the one in On1 Photo 10. It can be a plugin to Aperture, LR and PS. It can also be an extension to Photos.