1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone still using the Olympus EP-1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hotahseh, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM.

Tags:
  1. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 23, 2010
    That is a stunning dog, those eyes. Sometimes the EP-1 get out for a little bit of use, I got it as a grad present so won't sell it, these days it has a Lomography 25mm (I think) on it that cost £5 or so.

2. Hotahseh

Hotahseh Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    I saw a recent video from Matt Burlington or something like that on YouTube. And it got me inspired again to take it out. And it’s an amazing camera if you have patience with the slow af in today’s standards

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The 20 1.7 was a real breakthrough for that camera. The first version of the Olympus kit zoom was awful. I realized how good the camera was when I starting using the 50 mm 43 macro with an adapter. It was also beautifully made.

4. MarcioK

MarcioK New to Mu-43

Nov 9, 2012
    You should be talking about this Mattias Burling video:

He is a good guy, worth to see his other videos - he likes underdog cameras :) 

5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I don't have it anymore, but I bought a new old stock kit with the 17mm f2.8 and the VF-1 optical viewfinder. That was really a revolutionary kit for a digital camera - it was a film camera in every way except the actual film. I sold the body eventually and the 17mm at a different time, but I hang on to the excellent VF-1. I do miss that whole piece of kit sometimes.

6. Hotahseh

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Yea I’ve been subbed to him for some time now and follow his photos on Instagram. He’s great just forget his name lol

7. Hotahseh

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    I want the viewfinder just to make it complete!!

8. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    It's of limited usefulness since you need to get the exposure just right with the old 12MP sensor, but it still just looks great and offers that 3-point connection to the camera. I kind of feel like cameras that lack optical viewfinder windows look like they're missing an eye or something, at least when they're rangefinder-style.

9. Hotahseh

May 12, 2014
    Miami
    JC
    Yea I’ll be getting it for the aesthetics haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I still have this kit in my office. Despite its flaws, I have a soft spot for the 17 2.8. It currently sits on the ep5 while the Linux 14 is on the ep1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    There is an E-P1 showcase thread somewhere. I can never find it. My E-P1 gave up the ghost but I did start a 12mp thread for many of us still using the older sensor m43's cameras. The E-P1 is still pretty great when you work within its limitations (ditto the GF1). Share your 12mp images

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  12. WRay

WRay Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 23, 2012
    Riverside, California
    Ray
    Great little camera! I gave mine to my grandson. He’s about to receive my Epm-2. If his interest in photography continues he will eventually get my Ep-5!

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.