Anyone still using the Olympus EP-1?

Real Name
JC
Hey guys have gotten back into m43 recently because I forgot how amazing the size and image quality is and how great it is to take everywhere with you.

Here’s a couple shots from today and I love it. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. But figured I’d share some shots I’ve been happy with :)

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
That is a stunning dog, those eyes. Sometimes the EP-1 get out for a little bit of use, I got it as a grad present so won't sell it, these days it has a Lomography 25mm (I think) on it that cost £5 or so.

Real Name
JC
That is a stunning dog, those eyes. Sometimes the EP-1 get out for a little bit of use, I got it as a grad present so won't sell it, these days it has a Lomography 25mm (I think) on it that cost £5 or so.
I saw a recent video from Matt Burlington or something like that on YouTube. And it got me inspired again to take it out. And it’s an amazing camera if you have patience with the slow af in today’s standards

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
The 20 1.7 was a real breakthrough for that camera. The first version of the Olympus kit zoom was awful. I realized how good the camera was when I starting using the 50 mm 43 macro with an adapter. It was also beautifully made.

MarcioK

Mu-43 Rookie
I saw a recent video from Matt Burlington or something like that on YouTube. And it got me inspired again to take it out. And it’s an amazing camera if you have patience with the slow af in today’s standards
You should be talking about this Mattias Burling video:

He is a good guy, worth to see his other videos - he likes underdog cameras :)

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I don't have it anymore, but I bought a new old stock kit with the 17mm f2.8 and the VF-1 optical viewfinder. That was really a revolutionary kit for a digital camera - it was a film camera in every way except the actual film. I sold the body eventually and the 17mm at a different time, but I hang on to the excellent VF-1. I do miss that whole piece of kit sometimes.

Real Name
JC
I don't have it anymore, but I bought a new old stock kit with the 17mm f2.8 and the VF-1 optical viewfinder. That was really a revolutionary kit for a digital camera - it was a film camera in every way except the actual film. I sold the body eventually and the 17mm at a different time, but I hang on to the excellent VF-1. I do miss that whole piece of kit sometimes.
I want the viewfinder just to make it complete!!

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I want the viewfinder just to make it complete!!
It's of limited usefulness since you need to get the exposure just right with the old 12MP sensor, but it still just looks great and offers that 3-point connection to the camera. I kind of feel like cameras that lack optical viewfinder windows look like they're missing an eye or something, at least when they're rangefinder-style.

Real Name
JC
It's of limited usefulness since you need to get the exposure just right with the old 12MP sensor, but it still just looks great and offers that 3-point connection to the camera. I kind of feel like cameras that lack optical viewfinder windows look like they're missing an eye or something, at least when they're rangefinder-style.
Yea I’ll be getting it for the aesthetics haha

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
I still have this kit in my office. Despite its flaws, I have a soft spot for the 17 2.8. It currently sits on the ep5 while the Linux 14 is on the ep1.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There is an E-P1 showcase thread somewhere. I can never find it. My E-P1 gave up the ghost but I did start a 12mp thread for many of us still using the older sensor m43's cameras. The E-P1 is still pretty great when you work within its limitations (ditto the GF1). Share your 12mp images

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom