[EXPIRED] Anyone selling Panasonic 45mm 2.8?

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hi Guys
    I am loving my Olympus 45 mm 1.8 and PL 25mm 1.4 but none of them has decent macro capability. That brings in legendary Panasonic 45mm 2.8 into the picture .Does any member planning to get rid of this lens?If yes please pm me and we will see ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    If you are going to shoot macro only occasionally, why not use an accessory close-up lens that you screw into the filter ring of your Olympus 45mm? You can buy them in sets of +1, +2 and +4 dioptres and use them single or together to get +1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

You need to keep the lens stopped down to get best results, say f/5.6 or f/8, as otherwise there will usually be chromatic aberration leading to colour fringes. The results won't be quite as good as you would get with a macro lens, but you will have saved a lot of money. Look for "achromatic" lenses which give better optical performance.

If you have difficulty finding them in 37mm, buy a larger size and a step-up ring.

I don't often shoot macro and the close focusing abilities of my m4/3 lenses (listed in my signature) are mostly good enough for my needs, so I am quite happy with a set of close-up lenses for when I need to get closer. I would consider a dedicated macro lens only if I shot a lot of macro, and my choice would probably be a Nikon 55mm f/2.8 or f/3.5 with an adapter.

Alternatively, if you have lots of money and nothing better to spend it on, buy a dedicated m4/3 macro lens. :wink:

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    how about the upcoming oly 60mm? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Why not just a legacy macro?

Most likely AF isn't necessary for you for something as detailed and meticulous as macro photography.

5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The buy/sell forum is probably more appropriate for this question and will likely get you better responses. Posting a WTB for a lens in the camera subforum is likely to get you a lot of missed views.

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Then again, if there is discussion about macro types, this is a more appropriate forum then cluttering up his WTB thread.

7. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Then the "This or That" or one of the lens subforums is still more suitable. Besides, he concurrently started another discussion thread about macro types.

8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Given the content of the first post I'm moving this into the buy/sell forum, so any non-sale related discussions should reconvene in Bhupinder's other thread.

• Like Like x 1