• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] Anyone selling Panasonic 45mm 2.8?

Buy/Sell feedback for Bhupinder2002 (11)

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Guys
I am loving my Olympus 45 mm 1.8 and PL 25mm 1.4 but none of them has decent macro capability. That brings in legendary Panasonic 45mm 2.8 into the picture .Does any member planning to get rid of this lens?If yes please pm me and we will see ..
Cheers
Bhupinder

foto2021

Mu-43 Veteran
If you are going to shoot macro only occasionally, why not use an accessory close-up lens that you screw into the filter ring of your Olympus 45mm? You can buy them in sets of +1, +2 and +4 dioptres and use them single or together to get +1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

You need to keep the lens stopped down to get best results, say f/5.6 or f/8, as otherwise there will usually be chromatic aberration leading to colour fringes. The results won't be quite as good as you would get with a macro lens, but you will have saved a lot of money. Look for "achromatic" lenses which give better optical performance.

If you have difficulty finding them in 37mm, buy a larger size and a step-up ring.

I don't often shoot macro and the close focusing abilities of my m4/3 lenses (listed in my signature) are mostly good enough for my needs, so I am quite happy with a set of close-up lenses for when I need to get closer. I would consider a dedicated macro lens only if I shot a lot of macro, and my choice would probably be a Nikon 55mm f/2.8 or f/3.5 with an adapter.

Alternatively, if you have lots of money and nothing better to spend it on, buy a dedicated m4/3 macro lens. :wink:

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave
Hi Guys
I am loving my Olympus 45 mm 1.8 and PL 25mm 1.4 but none of them has decent macro capability. That brings in legendary Panasonic 45mm 2.8 into the picture .Does any member planning to get rid of this lens?If yes please pm me and we will see ..
Cheers
Bhupinder

how about the upcoming oly 60mm? :biggrin:

drewbot

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Why not just a legacy macro?

Most likely AF isn't necessary for you for something as detailed and meticulous as macro photography.

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
The buy/sell forum is probably more appropriate for this question and will likely get you better responses. Posting a WTB for a lens in the camera subforum is likely to get you a lot of missed views.

Mu-43 Legend
Then again, if there is discussion about macro types, this is a more appropriate forum then cluttering up his WTB thread.

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
Then again, if there is discussion about macro types, this is a more appropriate forum then cluttering up his WTB thread.

Then the "This or That" or one of the lens subforums is still more suitable. Besides, he concurrently started another discussion thread about macro types.

Latest threads

Top Bottom