1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone purchase cameras from Olympus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by johnny9fingers, Feb 17, 2011.

1. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

Hi Folks,

Has anyone purchased gear direct from Olympus? I usually buy from someone like B&H but the E-PL2 isn't in stock there.

Thanks,

John

2. johnny9fingers

The thundering silence has provided my answer.....no.....
    I know they usually charge more than a retailer but the posted price is currently the same as B&H....

3. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Purchased a VF-2 from Olympus

I haven't purchased a camera from Olympus, but I purchased a VF-2 a few weeks ago from the Olympus Store since they were out of stock at the usual reputable sites (Amazon, B&H, Adorama). I ordered January 29th and had the VF-2 on February 3rd. It arrived in perfect condition and they offer a 30-day return policy assuming everything is as new.

As you said, they wouldn't be my first choice since typically their prices are higher and you pay sales tax + shipping (though I got a coupon for a discount + free shipping on an accessory order when I registered my E-PL1 online), but if you want it now and its out of stock elsewhere they are a viable option.

4. johnny9fingers

Another thing I noticed, the kit listing at B&H (I love that store by the way) shows the older version of the 14-42mm kit zoom. Unless I'm mistaken....

• Like Like x 1
  5. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
  6. billzilla

billzilla Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    The E-PL2 comes with the new 14-42mm II lens. In order for it to have the older lens, a seller would either have to take a body-only set and add one, or swap it out for some reason (in either case they would be obligated to make this clear).

7. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey! This morning I got an e-mail from Olympus asking for my opinion on the PEN system :smile:

I filled out the survey and they sent me a coupon for 20% off for accessories at their store. Plus I got to tell them what I wanted to see in future upgrades, such as, focus confirm with legacy lenses, higher IQ, built-in EVF, faster auto-focus, faster primes,... (i.e., I don't ask for much). :biggrin:

If you're interested, the link to the survey is

http://advisor.123-survey.com/surve...22FC0348DE936463F3089E133&scrnid=B7BF3137842D

8. bbq797

bbq797 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    I ordered my E-PL2 directly from Olympus. Actually, I found the price to be lower $549, free shipping, plus 30 day return policy. I called a local #b/c I thought it was a retail store near me--I think they do repairs, but you can also order over the phone: 631-881-6500 if you're interested. They guy was really nice and told me to call back when I get the camera so he can help set it up and get started.

9. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I did buy a camera case for EP 2 from them (out of stock elsewhere). I had a bad experience. They charged me for special shipping and sent it by ordinary shipping. I ddi not get it on time for my travel plans. The product itself was very poor. End result is that I don't use it. Sad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.