Anyone purchase cameras from Olympus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by johnny9fingers, Feb 17, 2011.

1. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

Hi Folks,

Has anyone purchased gear direct from Olympus? I usually buy from someone like B&H but the E-PL2 isn't in stock there.

2. johnny9fingers

The thundering silence has provided my
    I know they usually charge more than a retailer but the posted price is currently the same as B&H....
  3. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Purchased a VF-2 from Olympus

I haven't purchased a camera from Olympus, but I purchased a VF-2 a few weeks ago from the Olympus Store since they were out of stock at the usual reputable sites (Amazon, B&H, Adorama). I ordered January 29th and had the VF-2 on February 3rd. It arrived in perfect condition and they offer a 30-day return policy assuming everything is as new.

As you said, they wouldn't be my first choice since typically their prices are higher and you pay sales tax + shipping (though I got a coupon for a discount + free shipping on an accessory order when I registered my E-PL1 online), but if you want it now and its out of stock elsewhere they are a viable option.
  4. johnny9fingers

Another thing I noticed, the kit listing at B&H (I love that store by the way) shows the older version of the 14-42mm kit zoom. Unless I'm mistaken....
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
  6. billzilla

billzilla Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    The E-PL2 comes with the new 14-42mm II lens. In order for it to have the older lens, a seller would either have to take a body-only set and add one, or swap it out for some reason (in either case they would be obligated to make this clear).
  7. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey! This morning I got an e-mail from Olympus asking for my opinion on the PEN system :smile:

I filled out the survey and they sent me a coupon for 20% off for accessories at their store. Plus I got to tell them what I wanted to see in future upgrades, such as, focus confirm with legacy lenses, higher IQ, built-in EVF, faster auto-focus, faster primes,... (i.e., I don't ask for much). :biggrin:

If you're interested, the link to the survey is
  8. bbq797

bbq797 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    I ordered my E-PL2 directly from Olympus. Actually, I found the price to be lower $549, free shipping, plus 30 day return policy. I called a local #b/c I thought it was a retail store near me--I think they do repairs, but you can also order over the phone: 631-881-6500 if you're interested. They guy was really nice and told me to call back when I get the camera so he can help set it up and get started.
  9. nishendu

nishendu Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I did buy a camera case for EP 2 from them (out of stock elsewhere). I had a bad experience. They charged me for special shipping and sent it by ordinary shipping. I ddi not get it on time for my travel plans. The product itself was very poor. End result is that I don't use it. Sad.