Anyone know who might have oly. 12-40 in stock

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by zensu, Nov 10, 2013.

1. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I'm just touching all the bases here with this somewhat foolish request but I've decided to buy myself the new Olympus 12-40 F2.8 zoom for my birthday in 9 more days (19th). Just thought maybe some of you good people may have knowledge of a local photo store that might by chance have one is stock. I appreciate all replies!:thumbup:
    Bobby

2. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I did an internet search this morning and google listed several businesses which sell this lens. I called and the second one on the list said they had one in stock s I ordered it and they promised me it would ship to me by Tuesday of this week! The company's name is Willoughbys in New York. The salesman said I got the last one they had in stock. Does anyone have any experience with this outfit? Did I make a good deal or did I buy myself a pack of troubles? The lens plus overnight shipping was $1139.

Got several replies on another post that said they were okay, not the best nor the worst. Most negative thing said was they are price gougers but if they said they would deliver that I would get it when they said I would. I knew the price was high but with so few available I guess those of us who want it badly enough will have to pay for the privilege. That's the way it's always been but this is the first time I've made this kind of plunge. I guess getting old has made me impatient.
    Bobby

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, when nobody has something in stock, Willoughbys generally shows up with some in stock through Amazon, but always notably above retail price, sometimes by as little as $100, often a lot more. I've never bought from them. I assume they'll deliver and the product will be fine. But they are absolutely price-gaugers. If you're OK paying the extra, I'd imagine they'll deliver the product. I don't think Amazon would keep them around if there were any serious problems with them...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1