1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone know where to buy 3rd party batteries for the GH3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by fuzzybabybunny, Feb 14, 2013.

1. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 26, 2013
    I am NOT paying $70 for an official Panasonic one...

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
  3. paulwillis

paulwillis New to Mu-43

Dec 13, 2012
    London, UK
    Paul Willis
    The GH3 takes the DMW-BLF19 battery so that one won't fit.

4. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    I bought batteries from 3rd parties for my G3 and GX1. They worked well but often would die quicker when on the last bar compared to the Panasonic ones I had. Panasonic just had a promotion in the UK so picked up some more OEM batteries for £15 each (cheaper than the ebay options!) and don't imagine I'll be using the 3rd party ones anymore.

So while Panasonic batteries aren't worth a massive premium, they are worth considering, even if a a little more expensive..

5. okie

okie New to Mu-43

Feb 14, 2013
    Hi Anthonys,

Is the Panasonic sale still on and could you point me in the right direction? :) I'm about to purchase a GH3 but would like a couple of batteries. Third party batteries can be great, but probably aren't available as yet..

6. fuzzybabybunny

Jan 26, 2013
  7. fuzzybabybunny

Jan 26, 2013
    I'd say that $70 is really expensive for a battery - I've been paying $15 tops for 3rd party Canon and Nikon batteries. And they have lasted years. For the price of one OEM battery I should be able to buy 4 or more 3rd party ones. The ratio is ridiculous. I also run a business that could see us purchasing 3 more GH3's for a total of 4 GH3's and 4 extra batteries, at the very least. Probably more since we're out shooting 8 hours a day doing video and photos. It all adds up.

To a LOT.

8. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    I too, use allot of aftermarket batteries and have had ZERO issues...even if not as long lasting, they're worth the money in my opinion.

9. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Be aware if 3rd party battery is like GH2 which u don't get battery meter reading, if it is you definitely wouldn't use it for production, as you never know when the battery is going to die.

On the other hand GH3 battery look similar to Pentax ones

productimage_6253.

10. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Dumb question: :redface:
    If one doesn't use the "name" battery (regardless of company), does this void the warranty? :confused: