Anyone interested in Lens Nest?

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
In a world full of unnecessary camera accessories, this product may be one of the more superfluous I've seen.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 1.21.51 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's basically a piece of cork upon which one can stand a lens on end. The innovation appears to be that each individual piece can be connected to the next in an interlocking puzzle-piece fashion.

Better hurry — just three days remain to get this project to its funding goal.

- K

Last edited:

John M Flores

Super Moderator
You forgot the shot on the shelf besides a sickly plant.

1627509191431.png

Attachments

• a2cfc9c745820ec42dff61c7a2085baf_original.gif
    a2cfc9c745820ec42dff61c7a2085baf_original.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Will they have a different model for different mounts or will it require adapters? :rofl:

Doesn't seem likely they will reach their goal :whistling:

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
DON'T BE FOOLED!

Lest you forget, we've been informed that storing lenses on the mount end can damage the contacts. Therefore, this product was clearly designed by lens manufacturers to destroy your lenses, forcing you to purchase new ones. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
All kidding aside, is this true? I can never decide which way to put my lenses in their cases - mount end or front end down.
No not true. He is referencing one of our short lived "know it all"s who popped in, poo poo'd on everyone not doing anything his way, then left after people met their limits of his dribble & started to tell him to cut the crap. I am sure he left with the impression that we are all jerks and he was in the right and there was no helping us. One of those types. The not standing the lens on the contacts side was one of his claims which even when shown evidence as to why he was wrong, naturally his response was we were if not doing what he said.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Will they have a different model for different mounts or will it require adapters? :rofl:

Doesn't seem likely they will reach their goal :whistling:
They do apparently envision "adapters" for each lens mount diameter. These consist of small cork rings with which you feather the nest. On the plus side for us, they do mention MFT among the supported formats. :thumbsup:

- K

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
No not true. He is referencing one of our short lived "know it all"s who popped in, poo poo'd on everyone not doing anything his way, then left after people met their limits of his dribble & started to tell him to cut the crap. I am sure he left with the impression that we are all jerks and he was in the right and there was no helping us. One of those types. The not standing the lens on the contacts side was one of his claims which even when shown evidence as to why he was wrong, naturally his response was we were if not doing what he said.
Now, I've been accused of a lot of things, but would I really do something like that? :hiding:

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Is the cork organic? Sustainably sourced?

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Is the cork organic? Sustainably sourced?
It says that it's "Ecofriendly," so I guess it meets your criteria. It also says that it "blends in," but it's not obvious to me with what, except perhaps those coasters I use when I get drunk on beer in hot weather. I definitely don't have any lenses that are light brown. I was thinking that maybe they thought you could eliminate the end cap entirely and just have the lens sitting in its cozy snuggle-spot, fully protected. What could go wrong?!?

It says that it's "Ecofriendly," so I guess it meets your criteria. It also says that it "blends in," but it's not obvious to me with what, except perhaps those coasters I use when I get drunk on beer in hot weather. I definitely don't have any lenses that are light brown. I was thinking that maybe they thought you could eliminate the end cap entirely and just have the lens sitting in its cozy snuggle-spot, fully protected. What could go wrong?!?

OM is really missing out on the Bessa demographic by not offering bodies and lenses in Desert Tan.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
This is what happens when you watch too many youtube videos and then invent a product that is universally 'needed' by photographist types.

If I ever make a youtube photoshop tutorial, I'm going to have three shelves of adult toys directly behind me just for a giggle.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
This is what happens when you watch too many youtube videos and then invent a product that is universally 'needed' by photographist types.

If I ever make a youtube photoshop tutorial, I'm going to have three shelves of adult toys directly behind me just for a giggle.
Only three?!? How will you decide which items in your vast collection to showcase? o_O

- K

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
200.gif

Finally I am able to place all my lenses in ordered fashion on my shelves!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom