Anyone interested in a photo walk-around NYC?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by phdezra, Jun 5, 2012.

1. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Hi all. I live and work in NYC, and have had an idea for a while of taking photos with someone... I'm guessing this kind of thing is not necessarily 'new', but here goes:

I wonder about spending two-to-three hours in a few parts of town (Central Park, Greenwich Village, etc.) photographing people, flowers, buildings, animals (zoo and horses up there)... by two different people. Meaning, two (or more) photographers go together and photograph the same things, then post pictures side-by-side, but from different perspectives, lenses and creative unique personality.

Obviously NYC is photographed quite a bit everyday, so there are certainly *thousands* of photos of the same buildings, etc. ... but at the same moment? From a similar angle? From two 'competing' photogs?

Would be particularly interesting to go with another m/43 user and their lenses--whether same or diff't and each would choose for whatever they want for that angle...

What do you think? Anyone up for this on a summer lunchtime or afternoon break? Post here or feel free to PM me. :)

- Ezra

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    It sounds very interesting. When would you like to do that?

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I live about an hour outside NYC and while I don't normally head into the city I was just thinking the other day it might be fun to do some photography there. Certainly lots of interesting subjects to be had :biggrin:

Free time is at a premium at the moment, so I'm not sure if/when I could commit to a trip. But I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case, sounds like fun.

4. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    I'm thinking/trying to organize a couple outings over the summer. Ideally, daytime on a weekday (long lunch hour or two?), but not always so practical...

Still musing about this project....