1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone in the US bought cheap Olympus gear on eBay?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pdk42, May 17, 2016.

1. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    This is probably one of those cases where he would have got away with it had he not turned even more greedy. Had he pilfered and sold off say a 10% of that $33k of stuff over some years, it wouldn't have really showed up as much more than a bit of noise on the books that could be described as normal discrepancies when you are receiving and giving away stuff to "visionaries". When you start editing the authorizations to ramp up the amount of stuff you are stealing, NOW you are simply waiting to be caught.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Last year I provided Ebay with information on seven sellers offering E-M5 and E-M10's for ridiculous prices. (E-M10's for $195-199) When they were investigated it was found that they had hijacked sellers accounts. There were no cameras and the funds were being redirected to other accounts.

I have purchased Olympus equipment off Ebay from legitimate sellers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    According to this story, his eBay username was "colt45psu".

5. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Yeah, saw that story. I bought my 40-150 and TC off of ebay, but from Japan. Saved a few hundred bucks at the expense of a warranty, of course. Totally worth it to me.

I guess the people that bought that gear from this seller are okay though, right? One of the tip offs is that people were registering the serial numbers and Olympus recognized them as numbers allocated to their visionaries. If anything, these people probably got a good deal as I'd imagine the gear going to their sponsored shooters would be fully checked out before leaving the factory. Olympus doesn't want Jay Dickman's E-M1 breaking down in front of a group of photo students at a workshop sponsored by Olympus. :)

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A little or the lot, he should have kept his nose clean & not stolen any of it! He deserves all (justice) that comes to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1