Anyone in the SF Bay area? The Bay Lights

jziegler

Mu-43 Veteran
I just saw this on the NPR website, it should make for some good photos. An artist is setting up a lot of LED lights on the Bay Bridge, and they will be lighting up in various patterns starting on Tuesday night. It is scheduled to run for the next two years.

Artist Prepares To Light Up San Francisco's Bay Bridge Like Never Before : The Two-Way : NPR

There's a video on the link.

I'll be interested in seeing what photos any members in the area, or visiting there, will get.

hkpzee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Patrick
A panorama from this angle would be much easier (not as interesting though):
P8150582-184.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glad that it will run for 2 years, so that I'll have a chance to capture it the next time I'm in SF...

hkpzee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Patrick
Agree that the background would be much more interesting looking back at SF from the Oakland side...

danimal

Mu-43 Supporter
Real Name
Dan
I'd say try Treasure Island. You'll get the bridge to the left and the city right in front of you. Oakland is going to be pressed to see it as clearly.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I think you'll need a boat and go west of the bridge in order to get The City ion the background.

GRAA0191-L.jpg

G

danimal

Mu-43 Supporter
Real Name
Dan
This thread reminded me of a local news article that came out recently indicating that prior to the new span of the bay bridge opening people are going to be able walk accross it for only one or two days.

Here's an article about in the the SF Gate for those that are interested, New Bay Bridge span will open with party - SFGate

Yup, I'm looking forward to that. I will be out there with my camera.

:biggrin:

cmpatti

Mu-43 Veteran
Here are a couple

image18.jpg

image19.jpg

sge998

Mu-43 Regular
It was raining on the opening night so everyone around the wharf was hiding under the buildings.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/iccmecha/8551221570/" title="POLY0040 by iceCreamMecha, on Flickr"> View attachment 262988 "1024" height="576" alt="POLY0040"></a>

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Completely invisible from the east bay ... me and several 100 folks were grumbling quite a bit about that in the rain and hype. Nobody mentioned only the north side of the bridge was to be lit. Typical SF.

slam05

New to Mu-43
Here is one from the lookout by Coit Tower on Saturday evening.

8551288423_f4e8840cc3_h_d.jpg

cmpatti

Mu-43 Veteran
Completely invisible from the east bay ... me and several 100 folks were grumbling quite a bit about that in the rain and hype. Nobody mentioned only the north side of the bridge was to be lit. Typical SF.

It's barely visible from Treasure Island, since the lights seem to be positioned on the west-facing side of the north side cables. But we East Bayers now have bragging rights with the world's longest self-anchored suspension span!

Latest threads

Top Bottom