Anyone in the SF Bay Area have a 4/3 adapter I could use on Saturday?

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It seems my adapter's shipping was delayed, so I may not have it for Saturday, and the LensBaby folks are going to have a 4/3 system for me as they couldn't get a :43:. Oy.

Yes, I could buy the MMF-2/45-150 deal locally (assuming I could find one; I think K&S has it in stock), but I'd rather not spend that much on a lens I don't actually want, especially with the :43: 45-150 on the way, and the adapter alone is as much as the lens.

It's too late for shipping from elsewhere. A generic non-electronic adapter would work too. I'll grovel and repay you a favor. I'm on the peninsula near Stanford, but would be happy to meet up somewhere.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nevermind. Sucked it up and bought the combo kit this morning so I'd be sure to have what I need tomorrow.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
....and then the event was postponed due to the likelihood of rain.

Such is my week.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yeah, I hate returning things, but I only bought this for the adapter, really, and I probably would have plopped it here or on eBay after taking it to the garden and on my vacation trip. And, as you know, I'm saving for a Really Big Purchase (tm).

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, I need a tripod for several reasons, so I can do a part-return, part-exchange. I can use my monopod head for this weekend and get a real head before vacation.

shoturtle

makes no sense to have 2 adapters, then losing some of the value on ebay. If the store had a good return policy without restock fees, return is your friend. ;)

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
makes no sense to have 2 adapters, then losing some of the value on ebay. If the store had a good return policy without restock fees, return is your friend. ;)
Yeah, well, I'm constitutionally incapable of buying something to use for one day and then return. I've worked retail....

If I didn't already have the Panasonic 45mm lens, this one would have been more useful to me; 150mm really wants a tripod, and I don't really want a 150mm lens (especially since I already have a 35-105 FD and a 200mm Pentax).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom