Anyone in the SF Bay Area have a 4/3 adapter I could use on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by deirdre, Oct 22, 2010.

1. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    It seems my adapter's shipping was delayed, so I may not have it for Saturday, and the LensBaby folks are going to have a 4/3 system for me as they couldn't get a :43:. Oy.

Yes, I could buy the MMF-2/45-150 deal locally (assuming I could find one; I think K&S has it in stock), but I'd rather not spend that much on a lens I don't actually want, especially with the :43: 45-150 on the way, and the adapter alone is as much as the lens.

It's too late for shipping from elsewhere. A generic non-electronic adapter would work too. I'll grovel and repay you a favor. I'm on the peninsula near Stanford, but would be happy to meet up somewhere.

2. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Nevermind. Sucked it up and bought the combo kit this morning so I'd be sure to have what I need tomorrow.

3. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    ....and then the event was postponed due to the likelihood of rain.

Such is my week.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

No! Quick return?

5. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah, I hate returning things, but I only bought this for the adapter, really, and I probably would have plopped it here or on eBay after taking it to the garden and on my vacation trip. And, as you know, I'm saving for a Really Big Purchase (tm).

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yes, many hate returning things and that's what these stores all count on. You can do it, I know you can!

7. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Well, I need a tripod for several reasons, so I can do a part-return, part-exchange. I can use my monopod head for this weekend and get a real head before vacation.

8. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    makes no sense to have 2 adapters, then losing some of the value on ebay. If the store had a good return policy without restock fees, return is your friend. ;)

9. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah, well, I'm constitutionally incapable of buying something to use for one day and then return. I've worked retail....

If I didn't already have the Panasonic 45mm lens, this one would have been more useful to me; 150mm really wants a tripod, and I don't really want a 150mm lens (especially since I already have a 35-105 FD and a 200mm Pentax).