1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone in Manila or Shanghai?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ~tc~, May 26, 2012.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It looks like I will have a day in each "free" on my upcoming business trip. Is there anything specific I should see/go to?

My normal plan in situations like these are a double decker on/off bus tour and catch the "touristy" highlights.

I may want to do some shopping ... Especially if the 12-35 f/2.8 is available.

2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    There are lots of Filipinos in this group - they should be able to help you.

Note though that unless something has changed within the last 6 months or so, there is no (and never has been) an on/off bus tour in Manila. Among my suggestions:
    - You can try to look for the Manila/Chinatown (aka Binondo) walk/food tour
    - There's also this tour - I cannot vouch for them, but their destinations are good enough for a start. Intramuros is the historical "heart" of Manila, very Spanish-era. The San Miguel tour covers the presidential palace, and it is very near where I grew up.
    - This guy is very smart, although he has some political leanings, so I'm pretty sure it gets what he says. Filter that out, and you may find him enjoyable.

Again - can't vouch for them, but I feel they're a good start. And, as always whenever you're a tourist in a foreign land, be careful! :smile:

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I Hope the weather is nice while you're in Manila! I was completely rained out when I went last year, pretty much nullifying any photo ops!