1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone in Manila or Shanghai?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ~tc~, May 26, 2012.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It looks like I will have a day in each "free" on my upcoming business trip. Is there anything specific I should see/go to?

My normal plan in situations like these are a double decker on/off bus tour and catch the "touristy" highlights.

I may want to do some shopping ... Especially if the 12-35 f/2.8 is available.

2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    There are lots of Filipinos in this group - they should be able to help you.

Note though that unless something has changed within the last 6 months or so, there is no (and never has been) an on/off bus tour in Manila. Among my suggestions:
    - You can try to look for the Manila/Chinatown (aka Binondo) walk/food tour
    - There's also this tour - I cannot vouch for them, but their destinations are good enough for a start. Intramuros is the historical "heart" of Manila, very Spanish-era. The San Miguel tour covers the presidential palace, and it is very near where I grew up.
    - This guy is very smart, although he has some political leanings, so I'm pretty sure it gets what he says. Filter that out, and you may find him enjoyable.

Again - can't vouch for them, but I feel they're a good start. And, as always whenever you're a tourist in a foreign land, be careful! :smile:

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I Hope the weather is nice while you're in Manila! I was completely rained out when I went last year, pretty much nullifying any photo ops!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.