1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone in Houston area have a monitor calibrator?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ~tc~, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Can't see spending big money on something to only use it once.

Would be happy to rent it for a few bucks

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

Why would you use it only once ? Screen calibration is a continuous process. It has to be done at least once a month.

C U
    Rafael

3. nolaSafari

nolaSafari Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    New Orleans
    Sounds like the start of a rental business.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" (a joke probably lost on non-US folks)

This is the first time I have heard it was not "set it and forget it". How much does it actually drift?

5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    The Spyder 2 that I use has an option to be reminded about recalibration that is set by default to be 2 weeks, most write ups I've seen suggest at least once per month for amateur use and in critical professional use I wouldn't be surprised if they calibrate daily.

Barrie

6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 All-Pro

Spyder 3

I'm using the Spyder 3, and it check accuracy with every boot. It also adjust according to your room brightness. Definitely not a one time operation. It's made a huge difference in my work. I use Costco for my printing. They are by far the least expensive and the print quality is excellent.

I installed their printer profiles in PS and now I can do true photo proofing. What I see is what I get in print. Paid $149 for the Spyder 3 and it was worth every cent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.