Anyone heard of Photopea?

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
It appears to be ad-supported. Not my idea of a fun thing (I don't even like it on an Android device - I always look for the "pro" version and pay something if it's something I really like). I could not find info about how much it costs to stop the ads, but maybe (presumably) it tells you after you install. Again, not my idea of a fun thing. It's not like we are hurting for inexpensive image editors... :)

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I heard it mentioned by somebody on YT, but have not looked into it. Generally, I only use these programs when I am traveling and away from my hardware/software and need an online tool ASAP.

--Ken

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Thanks for the input @RAH and @Replytoken, I just wondered if anyone on here had experience of it. It claims to be a photoshop alternative, but for free, ( don’t they all ? ).
The old adage about “ if it looks too good to be true” I guess.
It does not necessarily mean that the product isn't good for certain uses. What I would check, beyond the advertising that you will most likely have to endure, is how well it works on various images, especially ones requiring complicated adjustments, and what their privacy policy is.

--Ken

Michael Houston

Mu-43 Rookie
I've used it when I was away from my "real" software. You can edit an image from someone else's hardware that may not have good editing available and get acceptable results. It's kind of like an old copy of Photoshop, and it's all online - no download necessary. At least that's the way it was the last time I used it.

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
My daughter is studying in her school about it. I used it a lot to understand it and to teach my daughter about it. It is an amazing program. What I love about it that you can use it together with Photoshop.

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
A very powerful (more than Photoshop) image editor is Darktable and it is free.
I use PS - DT is too complex for my laziness to learn . . . 😎

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom