anyone have the zonlai 25mm 1.8 lens?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by pixelvandal, Dec 29, 2015.

1. pixelvandal

pixelvandal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    Gold Coast - Australia
    Pavel
    Blessed are we m43 shooter's with the vast choice of 25mm lenses. An with the recent deal on the panny 25mm 1.7 why would anyone buy a manual focus Chinese lens for the same amount? Well, call me crazy but I just put an order in. Made an offer of 112, and with the 15percent off coupon I paid 95 dollar shipped. Why did I get this? I guess I miss manually focusing a metal lens, and sure one can adapt cheap 28mm lenses, but then they are slower, and larger. This lens looks tiny, and if it has soft corners, I wont even mind. As long as it provides that tactile 'real' focusing feel, setting zone focus and clicking away. Even if it sucks, 95 bucks isn't it big investment! Haha. So I eagerly await delivery.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I finally tried a konica 28mm f3.5 and was surprised at how sharp and contrasty it was. A good buy at $30. Won't replace my cv 25

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looking forward to your assessment when you receive the lens!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    I was pretty tempted, but I held off. Definitely interested to see some first-hand impressions. I already have an OM 24/2.8 that fills this particular want -- a manual-focus 50ish -- and couldn't justify another.

5. pixelvandal

pixelvandal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    Gold Coast - Australia
    Pavel
    Asked a man on instagram who had tagged his photos with 'zonlai'. He is using it on fuji x mount. Says corners are soft until f2.8 but sharp in the centre at f1.8. Corners sharpen up after that however. No chroma on his fujis he can see. And some vignetting from 1.8-2.8. Hopefully being a smaller sensor, we have less corner softness and vignetting :) but sounds good for the price so far!

• Informative Informative x 1