1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone have one of those PU Leather OMD cases?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Tapper, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
  2. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    PU, as in peeew, or something that stinks?

One of these I intend to pick up a CS-36FBC (from Olympus).

3. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    LOL, no... PU is a type of synthetic leather commonly used on cheap cases for electronics. :tongue:

You can get such a case for $15 -$20 from HK, or a bit more from a USA seller. If they work and look OK, I personally don't care to spend $80 - $100 for a case that does the same thing.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I wouldn't bother..the faux leather doesn't hold up very well for wear and tear in my experience, and being on the outside of the camera will probably result in it looking very ratty very fast. Of course, if you would prefer to switch them out (costing only a fraction of leather) then that might be ok. Kind of wasteful though and won't get that nice aged leather look. :smile:

5. TDP

TDP Guest

6. markg

markg New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2013
    Newcastle, Australia
    Mark
    Here is one I got for my nephew for his EPL1 for $14 AU from HK.
    It has an embossed synthetic outer with a felt like interior and the rear panel that is up against the screen is padded.
    It is not as soft or leather like as the Olympus one.
    But it didn't cost $110 as they are here in Australia

Attached Files:

7. tangfj

tangfj New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2013
  8. TDP

TDP Guest

Military parachute cord (aka 550) and shrink tubing. I've also used small leather belts, small dog leashes and so forth. Whatever is the right size and cheap.

Shrink tubing comes in different colors as well, so you can mix it up. When I get tired of a strap I just make a new one.