1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone have experience with cheap wireless shutter release?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ramsey, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I know you get what you pay for, but did anyone order those cheap ebay shutter remotes? The cheapest i can find is $16, it's not much but i would hate it if it didn't work with my epm1 (or broke within a month).

2. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Anyone? :(

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I don't have any experience, but a quick search turns up this thread. Anything that works with the OM-D should work for any PEN (except the E-PL1). Hope that helps.

4. AceAceBaby

AceAceBaby Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2013
    Triggertrap is mentioned in that topic. I have a TT, and it worked fine on my 30D, but not with my E-PL5. I may have changed phone between tests, to be fair (the V1 of TT at least is dependent on output volume.)

I like the look of Amazon.com: Aputure Pro Coworker Wireless Remote, RF Radio Shutter Release for Olympus E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-510, E-520, E-620, SP-57DUZ, SP-560EZ, SP-550EZ, SP-510EZ, PEN E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-P2, E-P3, E-M, OM-D E-M5 Fully Compatible with given the OM-D review, but I have a wired remote anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I've got one of these:

Amazon.com: Aputure 2.4Ghz Trigmaster Kit (One Transmitter + 2 Receivers) Radio Remote Flash Trigger and Shutter Cable Release, fits Olympus E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-510, E-520, E-620, SP-57DUZ, SP-560EZ, SP-550EZ, SP-510EZ, PEN E-PL1s, E-PL2, E

They come with a 24 month warranty.

You can reach their customer service to confirm it works with an epm1:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...rderID=&ref_=aag_d_sh&sellerID=AG1FKBNAQKSKJ&

They also offer an updated model for a couple of bucks more. The upgraded model has a bit more range, and the transmitter works with a AAA battery (whereas the less expensive unit uses a less-popular 23A battery).

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Sounds interesting. I'm leery of Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.

7. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
  8. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    thx for replies, everyone.

I like the fact that the Aputure one also functions as a remote flash trigger (for when/if i get on that level). A bit more expensive but i guess i'll save for that one.

9. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I've been using the aputure for a year and a half, I just dropped it for the 1st time yesterday and it umm.. does not work now. I used to promote them as pretty solid workers, but now I'm not so sure on durability. The fall wasn't that substantial at about 6' onto dirt, and I'm pretty fastidious with my camera stuff. I'll poke around it later, see if it's just something simple. But I have a bad feeling.