1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone have a Domke F-901 Compact Pouch? Try it with an OMD or G/GH as a camera bag?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dyrmaker83, Apr 1, 2014.

1. dyrmaker83

dyrmaker83 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2011
    Washington, DC
    Mike
    I posted this question on the Fuji forum, but there's a lot of traffic here so I thought I'd try. Sorry for the redundancy!

I'm looking for a pouch/case that fits JUST my X-E1 with kit 18-55mm attached (I believe an OMD or G or GH with non-collapsing zoom is pretty similar in dimensions), as minimal and casual as possible. I have multiple bag inserts, but want something that's flexible and could be worn as a hip bag or could allow the camera to be thrown quickly into a larger bag.

I've looked at a number of options, but I'm really hoping the Domke F901 Compact Pouch would work. The dimensions are a bit tight (mostly in depth) and only available in exterior measurements, but I'm hoping the flexibility of the canvas would allow the X-E1 kit with the camera sideways (so, the lens horizontal with the ground). Some reviews online have indicated the measurements are not accurate anyway. I know the F901 will fit an X100/S, and should fit a mirrorless camera with most primes, but if anyone has the F901 and camera with zoom lens, it'd be great if you shared your experience or recommendation.

I know there are other options that are less minimal. The Tamrac Aero 94, Golla Eliot Mirrorless Bag (S), and even Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 are possibilities. They're also obviously camera bags/pouches, and I'd like to avoid that. For now, I'm interested in seeing if the Domke is big enough and hoping to avoid buying online and having to return.