Anyone has similar issue?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by henavs, Oct 16, 2013.

1. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    I haven't logged in for a while & realised my "Thanks" statistic is still zero?

I also can't receive nor thank others anymore. For e.g.

Sometimes ago the admin mentioned there was security issue & the stats were affected.
    But since then its already restored & everyone got theirs back (a random check shows almost everyone had theirs). I never get mine back. :frown:

I PMed the admin 2 wks ago to ask nicely but no reply, I think he's busy.

Its not so much about stats, just that it feels like I'm being left out in the cold...:boohoo: :boohoo:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Just thanked you. The system should be up and working now. Has been for me for a few days.
  3. weeman

weeman Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    And another just to make you feel loved.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    A symphony of thanks! There's a new tech team working on the problems caused by the security breach. Be patient, things will only get better! :cool:
  5. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Appreciate the shower of thanks guys! I really need it in this tough time.

No, seriously thanks guys! Especially RevBob for the explanation. :thumbup:
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you post in the Help & Feedback forum, I always reply. That's why the PM you get when you register says that if you ever have any issue to please post in Help and Feedback. I'll move this thread there now.

It's not the case that everyone but you kept their thanks count. For a long time, we used one software product called the 'Post Thank You Hack' to keep track of thanks. We later switched to a different software product called vBSEO, which imported the thanks counts from the Post Thank You Hack so that everyone kept their thanks.

After one of my sites was hacked, I had to uninstall vBSEO, which I identified as a security liability. I then reinstalled the Post Thank You Hack. Unfortunately, there is no way to import thanks from vBSEO to the Post Thank You Hack, so all the thanks given during the period that we used vBSEO were lost. Members did retain the thanks received during the original Post Thank You Hack installation, which is why you noticed that some of the (longstanding) members kept their thanks counts.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013

Ah I understand now. Thanks very much Amin for the explanation. :smile:

Really appreciate it! :thumbup: